Texas bans safest and most common abortion procedure after 13 weeks

Sapidus

Despite many posters here saying that they don't care what other people do and have no interest in keeping people from abortions as long as they don't have to pay for them it seems Republican lawmakers in Texas do.

"So how does that impact women? Well, two of the measures in the bill – the D&X abortion ban and the ban on the sale of fetal tissue – are just lawmakers beating their anti-choice drums. Federal law already forbids the sale of fetal tissue, and “partial-birth” abortions were outlawed more than a decade ago. The provision requiring women to bury or cremate fetal remains if they get an abortion is more a shaming tactic than anything – it’s designed to imbue the fetus with “personhood,” which is a common pro-life tactic. It’s the last provision – the ban on D&E abortions – that’s most concerning. Dubbed “dismemberment abortions” by pro-life activists, the method is one of the safest and most common for second-trimester abortions. What’s more, the bill makes no exceptions in the case of rape or incest, meaning victims of either would be forced to carry their pregnancies to term. The ban would only be waived in the case of a “medical emergency.”

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/...most-common-abortion-procedure-after-13-weeks

Toxick

Splat
Personally, I think you should be able to kill your children from conception, right on up to about the age of 3 years.

The good part about post-natal abortion is that the mother's life is never in danger.
It's also more humane to snap their little necks than it is to turn them into a bratwurst, IMO.

Sapidus

So is you calling yourself an intelligent adult...your point?

Is that your best argument ? For the millionth time to insult me instead of addressing the issue?

Is that what brings you and your sacred religious beliefs joy?
I thought you were all for people doing what they want as long as you didn't have to pay for it?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I'd guess sappy's parents just thought of it as a lump of cells and useless tissues as it mutated inside it's mother's uterus. They would still be right.

hotbikermama40

Is that your best argument ? For the millionth time to insult me instead of addressing the issue?

Is that what brings you and your sacred religious beliefs joy?
I thought you were all for people doing what they want as long as you didn't have to pay for it?

My religion has nothing to do with this, so you bringing it up is completely idiotic. Par for the course, when it comes to you.

So let's address the issue - go do some serious, nonpartisan research on the week to week development of a child (yes...child) from conception to 13 weeks. By definition, no matter the stage the baby is in during gestation, he/she is a contiguous living system.

And as far as a woman choosing one or the other, if she chooses an abortion, she damn well better figure it out before she gets to the 2nd trimester. And a victim of sexual assault would know early enough, likely more so than your average Jane. So unless the D&C is necessary for medical reasons, in which cases the ban would be waived, it can be done earlier so, at the very least, the child in utero is less likely to suffer. This new bill is awesome. The provision requiring the burial or cremation of the baby once it has been successfully killed isn't a shaming tactic - it's a measure of respect and ritual afforded every human being upon their death. No one besides pro-choicers ever called it that and isn't that interesting that "shame" is where there minds go?

hotbikermama40

Just look at that, we agree on something..

Normal response from a anti------. When you all can't answer like a civil adult just spew insults..

Hmm, maybe - though the original question was in and of itself, insulting, knowing that by many posting or otherwise reading here, the belief is that life begins at conception. So yeah, I might "spew insults" as you say, but that doesn't negate whether I can or can't answer something. And Sappy destroyed any credibility as a fellow civil adult quite a ways back.

Sapidus

My religion has nothing to do with this, so you bringing it up is completely idiotic. Par for the course, when it comes to you.

So let's address the issue - go do some serious, nonpartisan research on the week to week development of a child (yes...child) from conception to 13 weeks. By definition, no matter the stage the baby is in during gestation, he/she is a contiguous living system.

And as far as a woman choosing one or the other, if she chooses an abortion, she damn well better figure it out before she gets to the 2nd trimester. And a victim of sexual assault would know early enough, likely more so than your average Jane. So unless the D&C is necessary for medical reasons, in which cases the ban would be waived, it can be done earlier so, at the very least, the child in utero is less likely to suffer. This new bill is awesome. The provision requiring the burial or cremation of the baby once it has been successfully killed isn't a shaming tactic - it's a measure of respect and ritual afforded every human being upon their death. No one besides pro-choicers ever called it that and isn't that interesting that "shame" is where there minds go?

Boy are you unhinged. You bring up your religion to defend everything else but for this your religion doesn't have anything to do with it? And you say you don't want to force your beliefs on anyone but you are okay forcing a woman to bury or cremate not to mention pay for it ?

Would a 13 week old fetus survive outside the womb ? No. So it's not a child or or anything other than a fetus.

So you are okay with a child who is molestrd by an adult and scared to come forward because she has no idea what's happening to her body ( thanks to draconian sex Ed in this country because of religious nuts) having to carry the fetus to term ? Are you gonna raise it if so?

Many women can't afford health services and often don't know they are pregnant till the second trimester so why " should they damn well figure it out before then"?

hotbikermama40

Boy are you unhinged. You bring up your religion to defend everything else but for this your religion doesn't have anything to do with it? And you say you don't want to force your beliefs on anyone but you are okay forcing a woman to bury or cremate not to mention pay for it ?

Would a 13 week old fetus survive outside the womb ? No. So it's not a child or or anything other than a fetus.

So you are okay with a child who is molestrd by an adult and scared to come forward because she has no idea what's happening to her body ( thanks to draconian sex Ed in this country because of religious nuts) having to carry the fetus to term ? Are you gonna raise it if so?

Many women can't afford health services and often don't know they are pregnant till the second trimester so why " should they damn well figure it out before then"?

I didn't bring up religion. You did. In fact, I have never used religion in any of my posts to defend any position I take. Talking about religion and using it are not the same. So, your fail.

Since a 13-week old fetus has 27 or so more weeks to go, of course it would not survive outside the womb. Definition of a fetus direct from Wikipedia:

A fetus is a stage in the prenatal development of viviparous organisms. In human development, a fetus or foetus (/ˈfiːtəs/; plural fetuses or foetuses) is a prenatal human between the embryonic state and birth.

You like the word unhinged, eh? Your example of a child who is molested, impregnated and in fear because of her limited knowledge of what is happening to her now being forced to endure her pregnancy - oh! the drama!! Relax and sit your a$$ down...any horrific situation such as that would fall under the purview of a "medical necessity". And a trauma victim in any situation is going to receive the same considerations - held against her will, lost in an unknown area, in fear for her life, etc., etc.

Many women may not be able to afford health services but they know how to not have sex, or to have sex with protection - and the woman who doesn't know she is pregnant until later in her pregnancy is often finding out when she goes into labor.

There are never any 'perfect' ways of handling pro-choice/pro-life issues. Neither side is going to give in to the other on anything. I for one am ALL for increasing sex education and juicing it up a little (i.e. have the class watch a filmed live birth). But that's just me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Despite many posters here saying that they don't care what other people do and have no interest in keeping people from abortions as long as they don't have to pay for them it seems Republican lawmakers in Texas do.

1) Elections have consequences. Win, and you'll get your way.

2) Maybe now people will act more responsibly when thinking about screwing each other.

black dog

Free America
1) Elections have consequences. Win, and you'll get your way.

Roe is here to stay,,, see if you can get that overturned.

2) Maybe now people will act more responsibly when thinking about screwing each other.

I agree, men should be much more responsible for controlling their seed.
Control the seed and abortion numbers will drop..

Seems simple to me.. .

hotbikermama40

I agree, men should be much more responsible for controlling their seed.
Control the seed and abortion numbers will drop..

Seems simple to me.. .

well it's handy that they make those little garbage bags for you men to put the seed in if you're not gonna use it to sow, right? no sowing, no wild oats...no need for the next abortion - voila!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Personally, I think you should be able to kill your children from conception, right on up to about the age of 3 years.

I'm thinking age 18. That way you've really given them a chance and made sure they're not viable.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm thinking age 18. That way you've really given them a chance and made sure they're not viable.
i'm of the opinion it should be 75 with a consensus of any three people.

Just think, TJ and Specious would be things of the past. :lmao: