Comey's pregame statement

PsyOps

Pixelated
What are you talking about? I don't recall the NYT saying there wasn't any coercion and that Comey told Trump three times that he was not under investigation. Can you provide the articles that state this? I mean Comey's statement lets Trump off the hook. He's not guilty of obstruction and is not under investigation.

:shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I really expect democrats to pop their corks tomorrow. They will lose this battle believing Trump obstructed justice and that Trump was even under investigation in the Russian investigation.

More winning.

Midnightrider

What are you talking about? I don't recall the NYT saying there wasn't any coercion and that Comey told Trump three times that he was not under investigation. Can you provide the articles that state this? I mean Comey's statement lets Trump off the hook. He's not guilty of obstruction and is not under investigation.

:shrug:
I was thinking more about the memos you guys said didn't exist, the loyalty dinner you said didn't happen, and the pressure trump put on Comey to end the Flynn investigation, and a bunch of other things the NYT reported that was poopooed.

But you go ahead with your selective reading and enjoy your silver lining. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just posted about this. What Comey's statement says and what the news people are saying it says are two very different things. Had I heard the progbot spin first, I can see how they twisted it to say what they wanted it to say. But I didn't. I heard the statement read first, then was like, ???, when the news blurbs started.

They're betting (safe bet) that the proglets won't read the statement themselves and will just take their word for it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was thinking more about the memos you guys said didn't exist, the loyalty dinner you said didn't happen, and the pressure trump put on Comey to end the Flynn investigation, and a bunch of other things the NYT reported that was poopooed.

Did the NYT/etc tell you about Dan Coats, who said:

"In the three-plus years that I have been the director of the National Security Agency, to the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate," Rogers said. "And to the best of my recollection, during that same period of service, I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so."

and Mike Rogers, who said:

"I've never felt pressure to intervene or interfere in any way and shape -- with shaping intelligence in a political way, or in relationship to an ongoing investigation."

?

I didn't see a lot of that - they were all focused on spinning the Comey statement and gasping about the officials quoted above "skirting questions".

Midnightrider

Did the NYT/etc tell you about Dan Coats, who said:

"In the three-plus years that I have been the director of the National Security Agency, to the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believe to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate," Rogers said. "And to the best of my recollection, during that same period of service, I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so."

and Mike Rogers, who said:

"I've never felt pressure to intervene or interfere in any way and shape -- with shaping intelligence in a political way, or in relationship to an ongoing investigation."

?

I didn't see a lot of that - they were all focused on spinning the Comey statement and gasping about the officials quoted above "skirting questions".
I was talking specifically about the times leaks about Comey and his interactions with trump. Those stories are seeming to be pretty accurate in retrospect

PsyOps

Pixelated

But you go ahead with your selective reading and enjoy your silver lining. :yay:

I never denied a memo. I never denied there was a discussion about loyalty. In fact, given what Comey did in the past, I would have questions about his loyalty. When a president hired someone into his admin, the president deserves to have his/her loyalty.

This whole thing has been about whether Trump coerced Comey to drop the Flynn investigation. That has been dispelled. It was also about whether Trump was under investigation. That has been dispelled. This is a huge win for Trump and you libs are already blowing a cork over it. I look forward to the cry fest on CNN and MSNBC; then they will move on to their next attack against Trump that in their stack.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was talking specifically about the times leaks about Comey and his interactions with trump. Those stories are seeming to be pretty accurate in retrospect

Well, sure - Comey just released a statement confirming it.

Makes you wonder why he sent them to the press instead of notifying the DoJ, doesn't it?

But I don't recall anyone saying with authority that the memo didn't exist. My memory is that there was speculation that it might be BS, which was entirely plausible given the NYT's other lies and spin. That's what happens when you lie: people don't trust you and presume you are lying even when you are telling the truth.

Midnightrider

I never denied a memo. I never denied there was a discussion about loyalty. In fact, given what Comey did in the past, I would have questions about his loyalty. When a president hired someone into his admin, the president deserves to have his/her loyalty.

This whole thing has been about whether Trump coerced Comey to drop the Flynn investigation. That has been dispelled. It was also about whether Trump was under investigation. That has been dispelled. This is a huge win for Trump and you libs are already blowing a cork over it. I look forward to the cry fest on CNN and MSNBC; then they will move on to their next attack against Trump that in their stack.

When and how was that dispelled?

Midnightrider

Well, sure - Comey just released a statement confirming it.

Makes you wonder why he sent them to the press instead of notifying the DoJ, doesn't it?

But I don't recall anyone saying with authority that the memo didn't exist. My memory is that there was speculation that it might be BS, which was entirely plausible given the NYT's other lies and spin. That's what happens when you lie: people don't trust you and presume you are lying even when you are telling the truth.

I seriously doubt Comey did release them to the press. I would bet on current FBI officials being the leakers.
You are right, no one with any authority denied the memos existed, just a ton of tards at somd.com and a bunch of altright personalities, but no one with any authority.

His testimony should be interesting

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It wouldn't suprise me if the D's didn't dream up an emergency that was going to cause them all to miss the show and could we maybe do this later.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When and how was that dispelled?

Comey said previously he wasn't pressured to drop the investigation, and Coats and Rogers testified today that they were never pressured or coerced.

If I were on that committee, my first question to Comey would be, "Mr. Comey, previously you said that President Trump didn't pressure you to drop the investigation. Your statement yesterday indicated that you did perceive pressure. Which time were you lying?"

Midnightrider

Comey said previously he wasn't pressured to drop the investigation, and Coats and Rogers testified today that they were never pressured or coerced.

If I were on that committee, my first question to Comey would be, "Mr. Comey, previously you said that President Trump didn't pressure you to drop the investigation. Your statement yesterday indicated that you did perceive pressure. Which time were you lying?"

That's a bit of an 'I can see Russia from my house' quote isn't it? Here is the full exchange since you obviously didn't hear or read it.
HIRONO: So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?
COMEY: In theory, yes.
HIRONO: Has it happened?
COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that — without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that "we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it." But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Hijinx

Well it doesn't surprise me in the least that Comey kept Memo's.
He stated that he never kept memo's when he spoke to Obama,
(probably because he didn't want a record of he and Obama colluding)

But of course he kept Memo's of his meeting and speaking with Trump, because he like the rest of the Obama stooges wanted to hang Trump/.
Don't forget this guy had been stooging for Hilary since the Whitewater days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's a bit of an 'I can see Russia from my house' quote isn't it? Here is the full exchange since you obviously didn't hear or read it.

What are you talking about? I've read it a thousand times. The news outlets I frequent, you couldn't hardly miss it.

What part of this didn't you understand?

But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Midnightrider

What are you talking about? I've read it a thousand times. The news outlets I frequent, you couldn't hardly miss it.

What part of this didn't you understand?

That's what I thought. I mean why read all of the words and actually understand what he said. :yay: