New Dive Shop

wolfdad

The new dive shop is open where the old Sea Dive used to be and the shop is amazing with everything for SCUBA, snorkeling and paddle boarding. Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place. Stop by and say hello to Fred, Bev and Syd.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The new dive shop is open where the old Sea Dive used to be and the shop is amazing with everything for SCUBA, snorkeling and paddle boarding. Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place. Stop by and say hello to Fred, Bev and Syd.

What happened to the previous owner?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And by the way. I liked that trashy old place. I had style. It had class. There was a story everywhere in that store. A place that didn't subscribe to today's pristine-ness of every other store, homogenized and pasteurized. It was a working man's store. (the man that owned it). And now, you've probably ruined it.

black dog

Free America
Where would one dive around here (recreationally, not marine contracting or public safety related) ?

Quarry's in Pennsylvania and Virginia, rivers ( like the Choptank ) off the Chesapeake for oysters in the winter.
Dive boats off the Delmarva beaches for a few wrecks, lobster, spearfishing.
More wrecks off the Carolina's..

officeguy

Quarry's in Pennsylvania and Virginia, rivers ( like the Choptank ) off the Chesapeake for oysters in the winter.
Dive boats off the Delmarva beaches for a few wrecks, lobster, spearfishing.
More wrecks off the Carolina's..

None of that would seem local enough to support a dive shop.

A relative of mine dives for scallops in Maine. He doesn't even like to eat them, it just gives him a reason to own a dive-boat and a truck ;-)

black dog

Free America
None of that would seem local enough to support a dive shop.

A relative of mine dives for scallops in Maine. He doesn't even like to eat them, it just gives him a reason to own a dive-boat and a truck ;-)

Most dive shops that are in the tri state area, have been in business for decades.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD......
Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business.

On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho

Inkd

If I may ...

And by the way. I liked that trashy old place. I had style. It had class. There was a story everywhere in that store. A place that didn't subscribe to today's pristine-ness of every other store, homogenized and pasteurized. It was a working man's store. (the man that owned it). And now, you've probably ruined it.

If I may

You're a dick.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD......
Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business.

On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho

I think I have read that you are a small biz owner in SoMD. What biz are you in? Just curious. I hope you are doing well. It is not easy, anymore, because of Amazon, etal. But, I do try to support local biz no matter where I live.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD...... Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business. On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho

Yes, yes, yes, it's tough opening up a business. Well, not so tough riding the coattails of another established business in the same space. I was waxing nostalgic for the old place. The previous owner had some medical issues and I was just wondering what had happened to him. Yet, the OP is nowhere to be found nor forthcoming with that information.

Inkd

If I may ...

Yes, yes, yes, it's tough opening up a business. Well, not so tough riding the coattails of another established business in the same space. I was waxing nostalgic for the old place. The previous owner had some medical issues and I was just wondering what had happened to him. Yet, the OP is nowhere to be found nor forthcoming with that information.

If I may...

No, you weren't waxing nostalgic. You were being insulting to someone. In short, being a dick.

If you are curious as to what happened to the owner, why not go on over to the new shop and ask the new owners how he is doing. Who knows, maybe they were friends with the old owner and he gave them his blessing to "ride the coat tails" of his business. You may find out they're good people and maybe the old seedy dive shop is still there, just under new ownership.

But, it's much easier to just sit behind a key board, and be a dick.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No, you weren't waxing nostalgic. You were being insulting to someone. In short, being a dick. If you are curious as to what happened to the owner, why not go on over to the new shop and ask the new owners how he is doing. Who knows, maybe they were friends with the old owner and he gave them his blessing to "ride the coat tails" of his business. You may find out they're good people and maybe the old seedy dive shop is still there, just under new ownership. But, it's much easier to just sit behind a key board, and be a dick.

Blah, blah, blah. Insulting? Far from it, well, in this case anyway. And obviously, "the old seedy dive shop" isn't there anymore because the OP did say, "Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place". It was them, that insulted first, right there in that very first post. They insulted the previous owner, who, even when dealing with life threatening medical issues, managed to run a descent business. And you did as well by calling it "seedy". You say I'm a dick, Well you are an as*hole. And be very happy that I'm not gay. Well, because, you know. Wait, never mind, I've always wanted to try anal, get over here big boy.

Inkd

If I may ...

Blah, blah, blah. Insulting? Far from it, well, in this case anyway. And obviously, "the old seedy dive shop" isn't there anymore because the OP did say, "Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place". It was them, that insulted first, right there in that very first post. They insulted the previous owner, who, even when dealing with life threatening medical issues, managed to run a descent business. And you did as well by calling it "seedy". You say I'm a dick, Well you are an as*hole. And be very happy that I'm not gay. Well, because, you know. Wait, never mind, I've always wanted to try anal, get over here big boy.

If I may...

My bad, I thought you had referred to it as seedy in the post where you said you liked the trashy old place and the new owner probably ruined it. Hardly insulting.

Yes, I am an as$hole, when it's warranted.