Bake the cake

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BAKE THE CAKE: Stunning Number Of Americans Think Government Should Force Religious Businesses To Serve Gays

Bake the cake, bigot.

A new PRRI survey found that a majority of Americans, a stunning 61%, believe businesses should not be allowed to refuse services or products to gay people based on religious grounds. So, for example, if a religious baker is asked by a gay couple to bake their wedding cake, that baker, despite their religious objections, should be forced to provide the cake or face the consequences of the government.

"Only half (50%) of white evangelical Protestants and fewer than half of Mormons (42%), Hispanic Protestants (34%), black Protestants (25%), and Jehovah’s Witnesses (25%) believe small business owners should be granted permission to refuse services to gay and lesbian people," the survey found.

A frightening amount of support for the infringement of the First Amendment, indeed.

PRRI's 2016 American Values Atlas findings were based on roughly 40,000 people from across all 50 states, interviewed on issues concerning religiously-based service refusal, as well as sex-same marriage, among other topics.

I really wonder where they conduct these polls

:oldman:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm on record..my company won't sell a gay couple one of our half-million dollar yacht stabiliser systems.

Unless they can pay for it. Then..well...we're good.

black dog

Free America
Almost everything I make is sold wholesale, but if Bobbybear called and wanted xxx amount of tools I make personalized,, with like Peter Puffers Irrigation Co on them,,
I would say hang on one second and I'll work you up a price sir. And how many gross of that model did you need again Sir.. and please fax me the PDF of the artwork Sir.

The fun we would have building those..

Hijinx

Almost everything I make is sold wholesale, but if Bobbybear called and wanted xxx amount of tools I make personalized,, with like Peter Puffers Irrigation Co on them,,
I would say hang on one second and I'll work you up a price sir. And how many gross of that model did you need again Sir.. and please fax me the PDF of the artwork Sir.

The fun we would have building those..

25 years ago people would have laughed at the gays.
Today they have been accepted by the majority of Americans.

Why fight it. It's a lost cause. Hell they are teaching kids in school that being gay is just hunky dory.

black dog

Free America

Why fight it. It's a lost cause. Hell they are teaching kids in school that being gay is just hunky dory.

I don't believe they are that accepting here in the Bible belt. Maybe in the big citys but that's about it.
The one Methodist Church in the town I live in closed say 2 years ago over the adult choir director being gay. A few members just couldn't live and let live, and just kept pushing the topic.
A new minister was brought in and shortly thereafter a vote was taken and the director was replaced and he was told to find a new church.. within a year there wasn't enough membership to pay the bills and keep the church open. The building and parsonage is still up for sale..

And yes I agree with the kids, my son ( 18 ) could really care less what color or orientation someone is.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't believe they are that accepting here in the Bible belt. Maybe in the big citys but that's about it.
The one Methodist Church in the town I live in closed say 2 years ago over the adult choir director being gay. A few members just couldn't live and let live, and just kept pushing the topic.
A new minister was brought in and shortly thereafter a vote was taken and the director was replaced and he was told to find a new church.. within a year there wasn't enough membership to pay the bills and keep the church open. The building and parsonage is still up for sale..

And yes I agree with the kids, my son ( 18 ) could really care less what color or orientation someone is.
. Bet them fellers sure could sing though....and the pot luck suppers!!?..oh my

Hijinx

Well if they left because the Homo Choir director left, they must accept it.

Sapidus

And 75 years ago people laughed at black people or people with mental disabilities or Jews or polish people. Is that really where you wanna go back to?

And for the millionth time of you job is baking cakes you aren't doing anything different baking a cake for a gay person or straight person or a black person.

If they asked you too officiate the wedding I can see why you would have an objection but by doing the same thing you do every day and absolutely nothing different you aren't encouraging homosexuality.

What if your cakes got popular and you started supplying them to grocery stores. Would you ask the grocery store to ask every customer if they were gay?

h3mech

sounds like they are taking away the free will of folks, to that say "I don't want to" if you don't want to bake a cake then don't. they shouldn't be fined. try to get a cake with a cross on it from a mid eastern baker but no one says a word about that. Pu$$ies

I really wonder where they conduct these polls

:oldman:

black dog

Free America
And 75 years ago people laughed at black people or people with mental disabilities or Jews or polish people. Is that really where you wanna go back to?

And for the millionth time of you job is baking cakes you aren't doing anything different baking a cake for a gay person or straight person or a black person.

I believe the problem with most is not the cake, it's the decorations they want on top of the cake.
If I was gay and the baker didn't want to bake and decorate the cake in the manner that we wanted I would find another baker, I would be afraid that the decorations might look like a love scene from the laundry room in the show OZ.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I believe the problem with most is not the cake, it's the decorations they want on top of the cake.
If I was gay and the baker didn't want to bake and decorate the cake in the manner that we wanted I would find another baker, I would be afraid that the decorations might look like a love scene from the laundry room in the show OZ.

Bakers forced to serve patrons they do not want should serve them seconds and not their best effort.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

No need to to. Because today, we have people like you to laugh at. :yay:

black dog

Free America
Bakers forced to serve patrons they do not want should serve them seconds and not their best effort.

Myself, I would not do well in the retail world behind the counter...
99.99% of my business communication is through emails and a fax machine..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do not believe the "results" of this "poll". As we've seen clearly, the Left makes crap up to suit their agenda, then calls it a "poll".

I flat do not believe that most Americans think a business should be forced to serve customers against their beliefs. We all know damn good and well that if a Black run bakery was forced to make a cake for a KKK rally, there would be hell to pay. We all know that a gay run bakery would never be forced to serve Westboro Baptist. We all know that the majority opinion would be that the customer choose a different bakery and stop being such a douche knot.

black dog

Free America
Douche knot..... I actually had to Urban Dictionary that word... And today's word of the day is..
Douche knot
A man bun
Look at that dude's douche knot...

To funny... Now where's that tattooed girl at?? I'll bet that's not the answer she gives me.

Sapidus

Many wedding cakes these days don't have the traditional male and female toppers anyway so if that is really the issue I think it would be easily solved.

My point is is that nothing is different for the baker in terms of the product they produce every day. The only difference is who they sell it to which is discriminaton.

Also why don't these religious bakers ask straight people if it's there first marriage? And refuse to bake a cake if they have been divorce? Or if they wear mixed fibers? Or allow a woman to make decisions for the family? Why do they only focus on homosexuality?