New to area-looking at house on Rosecroft Road

Baker12

Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this site as I am new to the area and looking at a house on Rosecroft Road near St. Mary's City. Any info on this neighborhood? Love the water access and quiet, just don't know much about the area. Any comments? Thanks!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As you've already noted, that area is quiet, a bit remote and off any congested roadways. If you have a regular commute to anything north of the base and Lex Park or Leonardtown, your drive might involve dealing with traffic slowdowns.

What else were you wanting to know about?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Hey everyone,

Stumbled upon this site as I am new to the area and looking at a house on Rosecroft Road near St. Mary's City. Any info on this neighborhood? Love the water access and quiet, just don't know much about the area. Any comments? Thanks!
A few advantages: it's an incredibly lovely area, with lots of amazing nature, gorgeous sunsets, and lots of nearby history.

A few drawbacks: I really can't think of any.

We live down that way, and we love, love, love it. We consider Historic St. Mary's City and St. Mary's College (especially the waterfront) to be "our" backyard, and we frequently take lengthy walks around the property. We let our kayaks out by the boathouse and love to paddle the shoreline. HSMC runs a robust educational program year round (but, obviously it's more active during warm months). The College's River Concert Series just started up this past Friday, and runs every Friday till the end of Summer. If you find that attractive, then you will love it just as we do. Good luck!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The College's River Concert Series just started up this past Friday, and runs every Friday till the end of Summer. If you find that attractive, then you will love it just as we do. Good luck!

Awesome. I'd forgotten to find the schedule for this year.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Awesome. I'd forgotten to find the schedule for this year.
I'll pack a picnic basket filled with tasty treats, and you can pick us up at the Sheibel's pier, and take us up to Horseshoe Creek to see the fireworks and listen to great music on Friday. You in?

#hinthint

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll pack a picnic basket filled with tasty treats, and you can pick us up at the Sheibel's pier, and take us up to Horseshoe Creek to see the fireworks and listen to great music on Friday. You in?

#hinthint

Such an appealing offer I've seldom seen. :killingme

The boat is in line for much-needed bottom cleaning/painting at TT..but not likely to get it before the weekend...alas.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Such an appealing offer I've seldom seen. :killingme

The boat is in line for much-needed bottom cleaning/painting at TT..but not likely to get it before the weekend...alas.
Drats!

But that's ok; I have a back-up plan in place: B-I-L's boat

somdwatch

#hinthint

So do you want him to take you to Tippity Wichity?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
*bump* So, did you ever buy this house to go with your other house(s)? But you are new to the area, right? Only come down on weekends, huh? I wonder if mommy or daddy know you got into their account. :smile:

Bibliophilic

Hey everyone,

We do not want you here. Move.