Narcan

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
So the Health Department gives it away, but tax payers pay for it.

I have been told Police and EMT must pay for it out of their budget.
Anyone know what it costs?

I have been told 800$ a dose. Can anyone confirm?

Restitution

Its so nice that tax payers HAVE TO pay to bring worthless dopers back to life to continue to be a drain on society yet.....

Good, honest, upstanding Cancer patients have to pay through the nose to stay alive. Same with those who have fatal allergies to bee stings.

So sad...

Chris0nllyn

So the Health Department gives it away, but tax payers pay for it.

I have been told Police and EMT must pay for it out of their budget.
Anyone know what it costs?

I have been told 800$ a dose. Can anyone confirm?

About $150 for two 4mg nasal sprays.
Evzio (a naloxone auto injector) is about $4,500 per prescription. (Insurance holders and people who make less than $100k/yr can get it for $0. If you pay cash, it's $360)

Prior to the recent heroin boom, Naloxone was less than $2.

Its so nice that tax payers HAVE TO pay to bring worthless dopers back to life to continue to be a drain on society yet.....

Good, honest, upstanding Cancer patients have to pay through the nose to stay alive. Same with those who have fatal allergies to bee stings.

So sad...

EMT/Fire Departments/Police have a duty to citizens. They don't get to decide who lives or dies.

Clem72

EMT/Fire Departments/Police have a duty to citizens. They don't get to decide who lives or dies.

Reminds me of a good scene from Dogma, which illustrates what can happen when you give someone the power to choose who lives and dies.

[video=youtube_share;iHzU5ZH_qNY]https://youtu.be/iHzU5ZH_qNY?t=6m10s[/video]

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

About $150 for two 4mg nasal sprays.
Evzio (a naloxone auto injector) is about $4,500 per prescription. (Insurance holders and people who make less than $100k/yr can get it for $0. If you pay cash, it's $360)

Prior to the recent heroin boom, Naloxone was less than $2.

This is true, but, if a person is injecting themselves with an overdose, on an average of say...3 times a week, that person must have a death wish. Therefore, if they were not brought back, it would really be up to God if he wants to send them back. :whistle:

black dog

Free America
This is true, but, if a person is injecting themselves with an overdose, on an average of say...3 times a week, that person must have a death wish. Therefore, if they were not brought back, it would really be up to God if he wants to send them back. :whistle:

I get it and I tend to agree, but that's gonna be tough on LE and First responders that deal with this on a daily basis. Who will fill those jobs when they just sit by and watch folks die up to a few times a day in some areas..
The dead will be shortly littering the sidewalks up like cordwood.

Chris0nllyn

If it weren't for someone who wants them alive, EMS wouldn't show up. :shrug:

Restitution

Strawman.png

MY statement isn't about the EMTs, Firefighters, etc. This is about the government deciding that it is ok to spend taxpayer money to revive addicts however, decent people who are suffering have to pay out the nose to live. Ya' know... the very first line in the OP

EDIT: Who exactly funds the budgets of EMTs, Firefighters, etc. anyways? Hmmmmmm.....

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

View attachment 119016

MY statement isn't about the EMTs, Firefighters, etc. This is about the government deciding that it is ok to spend taxpayer money to revive addicts however, decent people who are suffering have to pay out the nose to live. Ya' know... the very first line in the OP

EDIT: Who exactly funds the budgets of EMTs, Firefighters, etc. anyways? Hmmmmmm.....

Slow down and think about it for a minute.

Taxpayer funded public servants such as firemen, EMTs, police, etc. have a duty to citizens. It's what they signed up for. They do not get to choose who they try and save.

So, as much as your statement wasn't about them, it is because they are the ones administering Narcan.

luvmygdaughters

If it weren't for someone who wants them alive, EMS wouldn't show up. :shrug:

True, but, who is calling EMS for the overdoses? I wonder about this, if an addict is living at home with his/her family, wouldnt the family be taking the addict to rehab, counseling, hospital for treatment? I mean, I can only speak about what I would do if it was a family member. Not too mention, these people who overdose constantly, are putting other peoples lives at risk.

Chris0nllyn

True, but, who is calling EMS for the overdoses? I wonder about this, if an addict is living at home with his/her family, wouldnt the family be taking the addict to rehab, counseling, hospital for treatment? I mean, I can only speak about what I would do if it was a family member. Not too mention, these people who overdose constantly, are putting other peoples lives at risk.

It's quite easy to say that, but it's tough. Yes, family would send them to rehab or counseling, but that same family member isn't going to call rehab if someone is actively OD'ing.

They're going to call 911 because they don't want their family member to die.

Speaking as someone who has seen the throws of multiple addictions, opened their home to a recovering addict, only to watch them slip back away, it's not an easy process and will never, ever, work the first time.

Restitution

Taxpayer funded public servants such as firemen, EMTs, police, etc. have a duty to citizens. It's what they signed up for. They do not get to choose who they try and save.

So, as much as your statement wasn't about them, it is because they are the ones administering Narcan.

The first 2 words in your post validate EXACTLY what I am saying. "TAXPAYER FUNDED."

I guess I will take you past the first step in thought process..... Ya' see... it isn't those EMTs, Firemen, Police, etc. that direct the spending of funds on these Narcan doses. Its the PC sucking, libtard politicians that implement it.

So, its not the EMTs and Firemen I am upset with. Do you understand now???

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

mmm hmmm.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/middletown-considers-3-strike-policy-on-responding-to-overdoses/10215284

A recent FB post by an ER-ICU nurse I know very well, commenting on the above article:

Maybe this is the answer. Maybe it isn't. But there is something seriously wrong with society when people are going flat broke fighting like hell for their lives, and others are quite literally just throwing it away. And we're bringing these people back from the dead again and again. For free.

And I've got news for you, Maryland. Telling us to dispense Narcan "to-go" to every overdose that comes in the ER is just asking for more trouble. And it's appalling, and disheartening, and every terrible adjective I can think of, that you don't see that.

This is just the opinion of a tired nurse. Who's tired of holding someone's hand who is fighting with insurance companies just to see every sunrise and sunset they can. And who's tired of ducking every figurative and literal punch thrown from every OD we save.

It's a hot topic, no doubt about it. But it's an epidemic you can choose not to be a part of. Choose life, people. Choose life. You only get one chance to enjoy it.

Chris0nllyn

The first 2 words in your post validate EXACTLY what I am saying. "TAXPAYER FUNDED."

I guess I will take you past the first step in thought process..... Ya' see... it isn't those EMTs, Firemen, Police, etc. that direct the spending of funds on these Narcan doses. Its the PC sucking, libtard politicians that implement it.

So, its not the EMTs and Firemen I am upset with. Do you understand now???

I never claimed you were upset with Fire and EMS, but you brought up Narcan. Who do you think administers it? Librarians?

There's a metric #### ton of stupid #### my taxdollars pay for and you're nothign more than a political hack if you think liberal/Democrat politicans are the only reason for it.

black dog

Free America
I'm as cold hearted as it gets, but how are these people that response t ok the emergency calls going to deal with the constant death that will go way up without delivering narcan when needed?
I could care less about any addicts, but what's next? It's your second heart attack and no paddles for you in the ambulance?

Restitution

There's a metric #### ton of stupid #### my taxdollars pay for and you're nothign more than a political hack if you think liberal/Democrat politicans are the only reason for it.

Sorry, unlike you... I do not have all hours of the day to research voting decisions, Supreme court rulings, etc. I have 2 jobs. So no.. I do not consider myself a political insider.

Doesn't change the fact that wasting tax payer dollars to bring drug abusers back to life only to drain hard working people even more. If you don't see that then I would venture to say that you are a common sense hack. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

Sorry, unlike you... I do not have all hours of the day to research voting decisions, Supreme court rulings, etc. I have 2 jobs. So no.. I do not consider myself a political insider.

Doesn't change the fact that wasting tax payer dollars to bring drug abusers back to life only to drain hard working people even more. If you don't see that then I would venture to say that you are a common sense hack. :yay:

I work full time and go to school full time (when I can). I'm currently taking an online 6 week Physics course, so I understand not having time. You don't have to be a political insider to be informed. It's all public knowledge.

Call me what you will, but I believe tax money should go to the greater good. If that includes ambulatory care for injured/sick/dying people, don't be surprised if a few of the ones that get saved end up being pieces of ####. I think anyone who believes govt. and/or govt. actors should dictate who cares goes toward is the one lacking common sense.

luvmygdaughters

Chris0nllyn

This is what I was trying to say. Why waste time on those who have made the choice to end their lives. Who knows, if the addicts knew there was a 3 time limit, might make them a little more inclined to get off the stuff!!

How far does that extend?

A kid who was driving too fast? Why waste time on someone who made the choice to drive 100mph?
A construction worker not wearing a harness falls off a roof. Why waste time on someone who made the choice not to tie off.
An alcoholic..

You get my drift.

Restitution

Call me what you will, but I believe tax money should go to the greater good. If that includes ambulatory care for injured/sick/dying people, don't be surprised if a few of the ones that get saved end up being pieces of ####. I think anyone who believes govt. and/or govt. actors should dictate who cares goes toward is the one lacking common sense.

Reviving a deceased heroin addict for the 4th or 5th time is not treatment. It is enabling.

This is what I was trying to say. Why waste time on those who have made the choice to end their lives. Who knows, if the addicts knew there was a 3 time limit, might make them a little more inclined to get off the stuff!!

^^^ This :yay: