Behr Deck Over

frequentflier

happy to be living
Anyone used this product to revitalize a deck? Wondering how well it works and if its any easy DIY project.

I don't remember what it was called but a guy at Lowes told us about this wonderful paint like product that was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! It turned out to be pure crap and peeled off within 3 months. The next time we were in Lowes, we mentioned it to another worker and he told us, "Yeah it is crap" and said that a lot of contractors were buying it because it looked great when applied.

I think I would research it before using.

PeoplesElbow

Yep, that #### looked great for a couple months but them started coming off in huge chunks the next year.

It does however work very good on concrete and cinder blocks.

Dont waste your time or money.

Grumpy

I've heard the same thing about this stuff; thought about using it but after reading a bit on the net, I stayed clear of it. I don't see it advertised as heavy as it was when it first came out, I would take that as a clue.

h3mech

we hear the same thing so we went to home depot and got their brand of deck over and it went on wonderful, will tell you up front if it a big job (like ours was a 42 foot porch) it took 2 five gallon containers it rolls on very thick. the key to a good job is to make sure you powerwash and wait a day for it to dry then apply your paint. we are doing the back porch next spring.

Anyone used this product to revitalize a deck? Wondering how well it works and if its any easy DIY project.

Last edited:

nutz

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I don't remember what it was called but a guy at Lowes told us about this wonderful paint like product that was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! It turned out to be pure crap and peeled off within 3 months. The next time we were in Lowes, we mentioned it to another worker and he told us, "Yeah it is crap" and said that a lot of contractors were buying it because it looked great when applied.

I think I would research it before using.

Was it Rustoleum's Restore?

PeoplesElbow

The Behr, Olympic and Rustoleum versions of this all have tons of complaints. The problem seems to be caused by seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood.