Greta Van Susteren Out At MSNBC

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Greta Van Susteren Out At MSNBC

Van Susteren started at MSNBC on January 9, after a four-month hiatus following her departure from Fox News, where she had spent 14 years. She left Fox after a contract dispute following the departure of Roger Ailes, whom she initially defended from charges of sexual harassment before apologizing later for doubting his accusers.

Van Susteren will not appear MSNBC Thursday evening; instead, the show will be hosted by Ari Melber, the network’s chief legal correspondent and host of the The Point on weekends.

MSNBC has risen in the ratings, as Vanity Fair notes: “For the first time in 17 years, the network beat both Fox News and CNN in prime-time viewership on weeknights in May amongst the crucial 25-to-54 age demographic—a giant 118 percent leap from a year earlier.”

mAlice

professional daydreamer
MSNBC thought they would get Greta's fan base. The only thing that happened here is Greta ended up showing her true colors, and lost most of her fan base. Those that she didn't lose had no desire to follow her to MSNBC.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Those that she didn't lose had no desire to follow her to MSNBC.

See, that's the thing: I always liked Greta, but not enough to watch MSNBC, especially since you know that she'd have to toe the ideological line. And I'm sure NBC thought they would pick up Megyn Kelly's "fan base" as well, apparently not realizing that she was only popular because she came on after O'Reilly.

I watch Fox almost exclusively now. I used to like Anderson Cooper and sometimes even Don Lemon, but now I can't even stand to see their faces because of the immature and irrational way they've behaved.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
See, that's the thing: I always liked Greta, but not enough to watch MSNBC, especially since you know that she'd have to toe the ideological line. And I'm sure NBC thought they would pick up Megyn Kelly's "fan base" as well, apparently not realizing that she was only popular because she came on after O'Reilly.

I watch Fox almost exclusively now. I used to like Anderson Cooper and sometimes even Don Lemon, but now I can't even stand to see their faces because of the immature and irrational way they've behaved.

I always liked her, but never really "followed" her. I would just catch something here and there. I hate the whole MSM news network thing, even Fox. I like to hear Liz Wheeler when I stumble across one of her reports.