CNN Reporter: Why Won't Trump Admit 'Russia Hacked The Election'?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cillizza was presumably referring to Trump’s comments during a press conference in Poland, where Trump said, “it could have been other people in other countries,” adding, “no one really knows for sure…I think it very well could be Russia but I think it could very well have been other countries. I think a lot of people interfere.” He continued:

I think it was Russia but I think it was probably other people and or countries. I see nothing wrong with that statement….I remember when I was sitting back listening about Iraq, weapons of mass destruction, how everybody was 100% certain that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. Guess what? That led to one big mess. They were wrong and it led to a mess.

Granted, this is dumb stuff. The CIA, FBI, and NSA all agree that Russia meddled in the American election. But Cillizza’s contention – that Russia “hacked” the election – is outright false. There is no evidence that Russia hacked any election votes; the only suggestion is that Russia used Wikileaks as a front in order to hack the Democratic National Committee.

CNN Reporter: Why Won't Trump Admit 'Russia Hacked The Election'?

Poor Choice of Words ......

Grumpy

.. that Russia “hacked” the election – is outright false. There is no evidence that Russia hacked any election votes; the only suggestion is that Russia used Wikileaks as a front in order to hack the Democratic National Committee.

Poor Choice of Words ......

Words are the games they play..Whenever they talk about the Russians..its always 'hacking', not meddling (as we do)....Illegals in the country? It's always 'poor immigrants' (never illegal immigrants)

glhs837

Power with Control
"Poor" choice? Of course not. See, the choice depends on what you want the words to do. Words are like any tool, subject to various uses. I can use a screwdriver to drive screws. I can use it to pry open paint cans, or to scrape some stuff away. Now, if you are choosing this word in a desire to accurately portray the facts, then yes, it's a poor choice. However, if you want this word to reinforce a meme, then it's a perfect word. The Big Lie requires repetition, correct? Meddle? That's what Scooby Doo does. But hacking, that's what evilblackhatanarchistaltrighters do. And it implies by the very nature of if that it was successful, since it's never referred to as attempted hacking, now is it? So the word implies evil intent, not shenanigans to take the mask of Old Man Jenkins, and implies successful action, reinforcing the #Resist meme.

And you might think, meh, only idiots fall for such obvious ploys. But who the hell falls for impulse buying high mark up items at the checkout? Millions upon millions, that's who. Who puts more crap in the cart when just going in for milk because the milk is deliberately placed in the far corner of the store? Same numbers.. And this goes back to a lack of Abe Rosenthals in editorial positions, paring back this sort of crap.

Midnightrider

you very funny guy. Make sure you have some cold Coronas in your fridge when I stop by.

As soon as you come up with that real money for the MPD bet I am going to come to your place to collect, and you better have something better than that piss water to offer me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Poor" choice? Of course not. See, the choice depends on what you want the words to do. Words are like any tool, subject to various uses. I can use a screwdriver to drive screws. I can use it to pry open paint cans, or to scrape some stuff away. Now, if you are choosing this word in a desire to accurately portray the facts, then yes, it's a poor choice. However, if you want this word to reinforce a meme, then it's a perfect word. The Big Lie requires repetition, correct? Meddle? That's what Scooby Doo does. But hacking, that's what evilblackhatanarchistaltrighters do. And it implies by the very nature of if that it was successful, since it's never referred to as attempted hacking, now is it? So the word implies evil intent, not shenanigans to take the mask of Old Man Jenkins, and implies successful action, reinforcing the #Resist meme.

And you might think, meh, only idiots fall for such obvious ploys. But who the hell falls for impulse buying high mark up items at the checkout? Millions upon millions, that's who. Who puts more crap in the cart when just going in for milk because the milk is deliberately placed in the far corner of the store? Same numbers.. And this goes back to a lack of Abe Rosenthals in editorial positions, paring back this sort of crap.

Bravo :clap: