Up your nose with a rubber hose...........NOT in my department?!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Narcan.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-ohio-sheriff-narcan-overdoses-20170708-story.html

PeoplesElbow

This should be his only argument, otherwise he is the bad guy and will probably lose his job over this.

"We don't do the shots for bee stings, we don't inject diabetic people with insulin.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How stupid. At what point do we require people to be responsible for themselves? These people hate the police so much that they'll destroy cities over it, yet they want cops in there saving the lives of addicts who voluntarily OD and try to kill themselves.

Maybe it's just me, but enabling addiction doesn't seem like an effective way to get people off drugs.

black dog

Free America
This should be his only argument, otherwise he is the bad guy and will probably lose his job over this.

It goes along with fireman don't carry sidearms and shotguns and EMTs don't carry ladders.
Where do we draw the line? Do officers carry Epipens? Anti-seizure medication? Nitroglycerin pills? These are things also that can all save lives.

Hijinx

An overdose is given Narcan and revived. at this point they are taken to a hospital for treatment and observation,because the Narcan could wear off and they could go back into the overdose condition. When the hospital decides to release the patient, they go home. No legal charges are made. They do not have to give information as to their dealer.Everything is hunky dory until the next time. No rehab is required, no fine paid, not even the cost of the Narcan.

They have tied up police officers, ambulances, hospital employees, with no punishment. Not even a small fine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It goes along with fireman don't carry sidearms and shotguns and EMTs don't carry ladders.
Where do we draw the line? Do officers carry Epipens? Anti-seizure medication? Nitroglycerin pills? These are things also that can all save lives.

And building on that, should we require all police officers to also have a medical degree? Should they be qualified to operate on someone in the event of emergency?

PeoplesElbow

The thing that stood out to me was even some librarians have narcan to treat those that OD in the stacks, WTF.

Hell we seem to have quite a few OD's in the Sheetz bathrooms, should sheetz employees carry the stuff?

hotbikermama40

The thing that stood out to me was even some librarians have narcan to treat those that OD in the stacks, WTF.

Hell we seem to have quite a few OD's in the Sheetz bathrooms, should sheetz employees carry the stuff?

Honestly? Anyone can. Just visit your local health department for the class...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
How stupid. At what point do we require people to be responsible for themselves? These people hate the police so much that they'll destroy cities over it, yet they want cops in there saving the lives of addicts who voluntarily OD and try to kill themselves.

Maybe it's just me, but enabling addiction doesn't seem like an effective way to get people off drugs.

:yay: I agree.