The Rocket

mitzi

What's the scoop with BlakJak. I only became aware of problems because he popped up live on my FB on their page and I watched it. Ranting and apologizing for a drunk rant over the weekend on his own page. Something about local cover bands and nasty stuff said. He said he was suspended for 2 days. Being curious, I looked yesterday and his page is down and so is the one for station. Never really cared for him but being the nosy person I can be, wondering what happened.

inkah

Saw some facebook screen shots of that drunken rampage...it was bad. Some heard he'd actually been fired - seemed valid, drunk or not.

mitzi

Saw some facebook screen shots of that drunken rampage...it was bad. Some heard he'd actually been fired - seemed valid, drunk or not.

I wanted to see the drunken rampage lol. On the live feed he was ranting about somebody named Dave and an advisor. I couldn't make sense of what he was going on about because I didn't see the original meltdown from the weekend.

Bonehead

I sincerely hope the butt head did get himself fired. He sucked bad and thought his crap didn't stink.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
To be honest, I can't remember if I ever heard his show or not. I usually tune in to WMAL during my short commute and only switch to The Rocket or Big 100 when the topic bores me.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
InkedScreenshot_20170713-135532_LI.jpg InkedScreenshot_20170713-135617_LI.jpg

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
What's the scoop with BlakJak. I only became aware of problems because he popped up live on my FB on their page and I watched it. Ranting and apologizing for a drunk rant over the weekend on his own page. Something about local cover bands and nasty stuff said. He said he was suspended for 2 days. Being curious, I looked yesterday and his page is down and so is the one for station. Never really cared for him but being the nosy person I can be, wondering what happened.

I haven't seen it but I heard it was the farthest thing from a true apology one can get.

Clem72

Wow!

Yeah, that would be your basic firing offense.

Damn.

I clicked the first image and thought "well, that's kind of mean to cover bands but doesn't seem like a big deal". Then noticed there was a second panel, clicked it, and everything became clear.

I always thought BJ was too irreverent anyways. Seems like every time I hear him talk he is bashing SOMD or name calling, telling stories intended to make locals look bad, and calling everyone SMIBs.

wubbles

The Rocket has had bad luck with their disc jockeys for a while. I thought "it's a recommendation not a request" annoyed me, but BJ really makes me miss what once was.

mitzi

The "apology" live feed he said he would be back Thursday (48 hour suspension). The live feed must have done him in for good. It appears he's gone. He was NOT funny. Sometimes the story would go on like it would end with something to make you chuckle and then fall flat. I only listened for lack of getting anything else on my car radio and the music was usually good. I had a FB convo with him that went sour real quick. He started calling me an idiot, a dinosour because I like the Beatles, he said any music before 1975 was irrelevant and most of his listeners were clueless to music, f99k this and f99k that. He is definately a rude a$$. Not a very good representative of the radio station he works for.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I clicked the first image and thought "well, that's kind of mean to cover bands but doesn't seem like a big deal". Then noticed there was a second panel, clicked it, and everything became clear.

Same here. First page, meh. Second page....holy cow!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just checked the station's web page and the "Jock" entry for the 3PM - 7PM slot is missing, also the 3PM - 7PM time slot is missing from the posted schedule.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He was most definitely fired. I'm friends with several of those he targeted in his last rant. I've met him several times and he was always a dick. I didn't see the "apology" video because I don't have time during my workday and it was pulled by the time I got home.