Speaking of Snowflakes...

I've had a bumper sticker on my truck, been there since I got the truck in '14, and had one on my previous truck for years before that. It says, "I Brake for Snowflake".

"Snowflake" is a nice little ice cream shop on Long Island that I frequent when I'm up there, very similar to Brusters in their offerings. I used to love how people would pull up behind me at a light, and watch their reactions. Most of the time it was a huge grin and a smile. Sometimes it was a look of confusion. I was always stopped in the parking lot and asked what Snowflake was. Regardless, it was fun.

After the last election, it was no longer fun. Snowflake took on a whole new meaning and my bumper sticker was now getting angry looks and nasty comments, because it now sounded like I was a snowflake sympathizer. I started to see odd little parking lot dings in the truck, more in recent months than I had in the 13 years I owned my previous truck.

Today I peeled the sticker off. I'm pissed something that was so innocent for years is now an anger causing problem.

I agree with WR. People suck, especially when they have no idea what they are talking about and jump to an incorrect conclusion.

I'm taking notes and keeping a list, guys.......

watching you.jpg

inkah

I've seen you before. Caught my eye because of how "some ppl I know" refer to young men in sports who need constant coddling.

:doh: I repeat.... people suck.

Just got off the phone w/ my brother, who is at my parent's house. Mom couldn't find her checkbook for a while, then it mysteriously popped up in a place she was sure she had checked. Got her statement today and quickly realized there were checks missing from her register that had been cashed to the tune of $3K. Glad my bro was there to help her.

This is where it gets interesting... Stupid person signed the checks with her own name. Bank was able to confirm the same name on all the checks. We contracted a Companion Care outfit last year, person drives for them. Turns out it was someone hired by the outfit to drive my parents to town 3 time a week.

The responding officer knows her. Knows her family. Officer's daughter went to school with the suspected perp. Officer responded to an ATV accident recently involving this person, who is currently in the hospital. We know exactly where she is. Took my brother all of a few hours from discovery to finding the perp. Kudos.

The drivers are vetted, background checks run, etc... before being hired. Driver answered all the questions right, checked all the right boxes, passed the background. She took my mom's checkbook and cashed multiple checks, then returned the checkbook.

She's in a heap o trouble.

luvmygdaughters

Thats terrible!! Thank God your brother was there. Hopefully the bank will reimburse her for the funds since those checks should never have been cashed!!!

Thats terrible!! Thank God your brother was there. Hopefully the bank will reimburse her for the funds since those checks should never have been cashed!!!

I'm sure the bank will make good once it goes thru their fraud protection group. The companion company is also going to reimburse her for the loss. They were more distraught than my mom over this. It's their reputation on the line in a very competitive business in that area.