Calvert woman kills man; gets 30 days in jail

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0717/distracted-driver-given-30-days-in-jail.html

I think people who text and drive should be put to death. It's not like this hasn't been hammered home over and over - adults should only have to be told once. It's not like they're toddlers where you have to keep on them. You shouldn't have to repeatedly remind adults.

This woman is getting sympathy and compassion she doesn't deserve. Sure, she gets to live with the knowledge that she killed someone...but at least she gets to live. "Oh, I would trade places with my victim if I could..." Well, honey, we can't bring him back but we can sure allow you to join him.

As you can probably tell, this stuff pisses me off. This woman got 30 days in jail, with work release, for killing someone. Are you kidding me??? If she had killed your son or husband or father, would you be happy with that sentence??

PEOPLE!!! HOW MANY ####ING TIMES DO YOU NEED TO BE TOLD?? DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!!!

Good grief. :banghead:

officeguy

Our courts don't really mean it when they sentence someone. The freak who ran her boyfriend off the road in Lusby just pled guilty to manslaughter. Just watch her walk away with a couple of months for what was a premeditated murder.

glhs837

Power with Control
You should edit to say she was texting. TO me thats's the real issue here. She made a choice to text and drive, and this other person paid for her choice with her life. The punishment is BS. Unless we treat DWT the same as DWI, it will continue. Officers need to enforce on people holding a cell just like they would someone holding a bottle of Jack. In fact, the copied link is this one, I was going to make a thread about it.

hotbikermama40

You should edit to say she was texting. TO me thats's the real issue here. She made a choice to text and drive, and this other person paid for her choice with her life. The punishment is BS. Unless we treat DWT the same as DWI, it will continue. Officers need to enforce on people holding a cell just like they would someone holding a bottle of Jack. In fact, the copied link is this one, I was going to make a thread about it.

You beat me to it. Why would the idiots in our society who are so intrinsically tied to their phones even consider stopping this bullsh*t when they know the consequences would be so marshmallows soft?
I wonder what the courts would do to someone who went after one one of these f*cktards for killing their wife, husband or kid because they were more concerned about social media and texting than the fact they're operating a Goddamned 1000 lb automobile?
And it's not on the police since they can only enforce laws that are in place. This is on our judicial system. Currently, the fine for talking/calling while driving is $40 the first time, do it again and you're out $100. DWT will vary, but cannot exceed $500.

glhs837

Power with Control
You beat me to it. Why would the idiots in our society who are so intrinsically tied to their phones even consider stopping this bullsh*t when they know the consequences would be so marshmallows soft?
I wonder what the courts would do to someone who went after one one of these f*cktards for killing their wife, husband or kid because they were more concerned about social media and texting than the fact they're operating a Goddamned 1000 lb automobile?
And it's not on the police since they can only enforce laws that are in place. This is on our judicial system. Currently, the fine for talking/calling while driving is $40 the first time, do it again and you're out $100. DWT will vary, but cannot exceed $500.

But even that, they don't bother. You start nailing people for $500, they will start not doing it. Last word from our Sheriff, as I recall what that when they had funded overtime, they would be glad to enforce it.

hotbikermama40

But even that, they don't bother. You start nailing people for $500, they will start not doing it. Last word from our Sheriff, as I recall what that when they had funded overtime, they would be glad to enforce it.

And THAT'S where I want my tax dollars going...our police need to be paid more, but also screened better. I sometimes have involvement with the police men and women through my job in the tri-county area and there's some that IMHO need a different career path. Preferably as far away from any living thing as possible, lol!

black dog

Free America
And THAT'S where I want my tax dollars going...our police need to be paid more, but also screened better. I sometimes have involvement with the police men and women through my job in the tri-county area and there's some that IMHO need a different career path. Preferably as far away from any living thing as possible, lol!

Are you aware of what most LEO make after a few years?
Most I know are well above 100 grand..

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, the officers on the street don't set enforcement policy, that comes from up top. It's not the trooper deciding not to go after texting or cell talking drivers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They make a freaking law; they don't enforce the freaking law; then when someone breaks that law and kills someone, they don't even get a punishment.

So why make these goddamn laws in the first place?

officeguy

Just spend a bit less time on nailing people for going 42 in a 35 zone during rush hour and you have all the enforcement time in the world. Typical cop greed trying to expand his little empire. Now that pot is legal we should have plenty of idling cops.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Are you aware of what most LEO make after a few years? Most I know are well above 100 grand..

Not to mention $2,000,000 in retirement benefits after 20 years

But, but, but, they need raises! More, more, more. "Law enforcement" is a racket. But there are no "elected" people that have the balls to call them on it, and reduce any sheriff's, or police department's, budget.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

But wait! There's more!

Had she acknowledged what she did and really atoned, I'd have a different take. But what that ####ing murdering bitch did in fact do is bawl and cry and try to become to victim to get no punishment for killing a man. Had she taken a real punishment, I'd think she had true remorse and feel compassion for her, but that's not what she did.

Did I mention that I'm really angry about this??

That judge should be disbarred. She is a ####ing disgrace.

HOW MANY ####ING TIMES DO YOU RETARDS HAVE TO BE TOLD, DON'T TEXT WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING?????

Well, she's not the one who killed the driver. It was that truck that couldn't stop in time before plowing into him. I wonder if he was texting as well? And, she does have a moral compass per the judge. Everyone should have one of those. Know where I can get one? I think those are almost as good as a get-out-of-jail-free card.