Well that is Enlightened of Him

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Schiff: Washington Democrats meeting with Ukrainian officials for Trump dirt would have been 'inappropriate'

California Rep. Adam Schiff said Sunday that fellow Washington Democrats acted “inappropriately” if they indeed met with Ukrainian officials to get potentially damaging information on 2016 GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump -- amid widespread probes, allegations and revelations about the Trump campaign meeting with Russian officials to try to derail Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

“It wouldn’t be appropriate for the Democrats to get help from the Ukrainian government,” Schiff, the top Democrat on the House's Intelligence committee, which is investigating the Russian meddling, told ABC’s “This Week.” “It would be problematic to get any kind of support from a foreign government.”

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Schiff: Washington Democrats meeting with Ukrainian officials for Trump dirt would have been 'inappropriate'

California Rep. Adam Schiff said Sunday that fellow Washington Democrats acted “inappropriately” if they indeed met with Ukrainian officials to get potentially damaging information on 2016 GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump -- amid widespread probes, allegations and revelations about the Trump campaign meeting with Russian officials to try to derail Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

“It wouldn’t be appropriate for the Democrats to get help from the Ukrainian government,” Schiff, the top Democrat on the House's Intelligence committee, which is investigating the Russian meddling, told ABC’s “This Week.” “It would be problematic to get any kind of support from a foreign government.”

CNN doesn't agree with him, Russia's worse so the Ukrainians are a nothing story.

SamSpade

CNN doesn't agree with him, Russia's worse so the Ukrainians are a nothing story.

This is what I don't get - the Trump story is a case of a Russian coming to a Trump family member under false pretense to gain access. That's -- bad.

The Democrat story is Democrats GOING TO THEM to get dirt on Trump - and that's not ok, but - meh.

Apparently it is MUCH worse to be willing to hear about dirt on your opponent - but not get any - than to actually seek to get it from a foreign source - deliberately.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This is what I don't get - the Trump story is a case of a Russian coming to a Trump family member under false pretense to gain access. That's -- bad.

The Democrat story is Democrats GOING TO THEM to get dirt on Trump - and that's not ok, but - meh.

Apparently it is MUCH worse to be willing to hear about dirt on your opponent - but not get any - than to actually seek to get it from a foreign source - deliberately.

CNN is actually saying Russia is our enemy and Ukraine is not and that makes all of the difference.

PsyOps

Pixelated
CNN is actually saying Russia is our enemy and Ukraine is not and that makes all of the difference.

This is what's amazing to me... almost throughout the entire Obama presidency they were 'colluding' with the Russians, yucking it up with Vlad, telling Dmitri he will have more flexibility with missile defense, resetting relations, turning a blind eye to the Crimean annexation... Now, suddenly they're our enemy, now that Trump and his crew are 'colluding'.

MR... colluding is colluding, is it not?

Midnightrider

then turn the channel, there are some out there that will tell it how you want to hear it.

This is what's amazing to me... almost throughout the entire Obama presidency they were 'colluding' with the Russians, yucking it up with Vlad, telling Dmitri he will have more flexibility with missile defense, resetting relations, turning a blind eye to the Crimean annexation... Now, suddenly they're our enemy, now that Trump and his crew are 'colluding'.

MR... colluding is colluding, is it not?

A sitting official would be making policy unless there is a quid pro quo. What did obama get or give in that collusion?

As for the OP, yes collusion is collusion. It should be investigated and if there is illegal activity it should be prosecuted. Do you disagree?

Midnightrider

[video=youtube;XsFR8DbSRQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE[/video]

Of course, your reply to this will be predictable.

That is an official meeting, right? It wasn't hidden, and he was acting as the president, right?

you can find where I said trump meeting with Russians as part of his presidential duties was collusion?

PsyOps

Pixelated
As for the OP, yes collusion is collusion. It should be investigated and if there is illegal activity it should be prosecuted. Do you disagree?

First there has to be evidence that collusion took place in order for there to be this sort of investigation. An initial inquiry would have resolved this quickly, and we wouldn't be wasting so much time on it. But having an investigation for the sake of investigating, simply because there some who believe there is this collusion, fits perfectly the definition of a witch hunt.

I'll use this analogy again...

Am I justified digging up my back yard simply because I suspect there to gold in the ground?
Am I justified digging up my back yards if I actually found a gold nugget in the ground?

What we have here, in this investigation, is the former.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That is an official meeting, right? It wasn't hidden, and he was acting as the president, right?

you can find where I said trump meeting with Russians as part of his presidential duties was collusion?

So, as long as you're president, colluding is just fine.

You do realize Obama didn't realize the mic was hot and would not have made that statement for all to hear? You do realize the entire media called into question exactly what Obama was getting at, that this looked nefarious?

Hijinx

The whole thing is BS, and we are paying for it.

Democrats are holding up real work in the Congress to push this BS.

Republicans are wasting time getting Trumps appointments confirmed, Confirm them with or without the Democrat turds.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The whole thing is BS, and we are paying for it.

Democrats are holding up real work in the Congress to push this BS.

Republicans are wasting time getting Trumps appointments confirmed, Confirm them with or without the Democrat turds.

Well, on the brighter side of it though............. this is what democrats did before the election, and it resulted in Trump getting elected, and republicans taking control of everything except dog catcher.

So, as much as I might argue against these loonies chasing their tales (not tails), I demand they keep it up. I look forward to seeing what a super majority looks like for the GOP.

Midnightrider

First there has to be evidence that collusion took place in order for there to be this sort of investigation. An initial inquiry would have resolved this quickly, and we wouldn't be wasting so much time on it. But having an investigation for the sake of investigating, simply because there some who believe there is this collusion, fits perfectly the definition of a witch hunt.

I'll use this analogy again...

Am I justified digging up my back yard simply because I suspect there to gold in the ground?
Am I justified digging up my back yards if I actually found a gold nugget in the ground?

What we have here, in this investigation, is the former.

So you are saying there is no reason to investigate the DNC Ukraine collusion?

So, as long as you're president, colluding is just fine.

You do realize Obama didn't realize the mic was hot and would not have made that statement for all to hear? You do realize the entire media called into question exactly what Obama was getting at, that this looked nefarious?

Discussing policy as part of a meeting is not colluding. The president, including Trump, does that all the time.

What was the quid pro quo?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
then turn the channel, there are some out there that will tell it how you want to hear it.

A sitting official would be making policy unless there is a quid pro quo. What did obama get or give in that collusion?

Yet neither is collusion if in fact Russia OR the Ukraine was sharing facts about Trump or Hillary.

Say Russia has evidence of a kick back concerning the sale of Uranium.. would evidence of the ILLEGAL activity be collusion?? NO!

If the Ukraine had evidence that Trump raped their Miss Universe pageant contestant, would that be collusion?? NO it wouldn't.

Gathering FACTS on the opposition is allowed, and it's not illegal nor immoral to get FACTS on your opposition from any source.

Now, making up stories to try to destroy a sitting President, that would be different, that would be collusion.. and the democrats have Putin laughing himself to sleep every night. Democrats are doing more damage to our country and the office of the President than ANYTHING Putin could have done.

In fact the only thing that passes the smell test as to collusion would be the democratic party trying to impeach Trump for no reason, and trying to overthrow his presidency with false accusations, and misleading stories.. LIKE "RUSSIAN COLLUSION".

PsyOps

Pixelated
So you are saying there is no reason to investigate the DNC Ukraine collusion?

Did the DNC do anything illegal? All I understand about that story is members of the DNC allegedlywent to the Ukrainian embassy for opposition research. I assume that means, to dig up dirt on Trump. If that's all that happened then no, an investigation would be a huge waste of time and effort on something that isn't illegal.

Midnightrider

Did the DNC do anything illegal? All I understand about that story is members of the DNC allegedlywent to the Ukrainian embassy for opposition research. I assume that means, to dig up dirt on Trump. If that's all that happened then no, an investigation would be a huge waste of time and effort on something that isn't illegal.

Ill remind you that you didnt think they should investigate when they find the proof of a crime :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Discussing policy as part of a meeting is not colluding. The president, including Trump, does that all the time.

What was the quid pro quo?

So, given this standard, a president can always claim he's doing something in the capacity of this job, and collusion could never happen.

Obama wasn't discussing policy, he was making concessions with our missile systems, essentially to pull back on an anti-missile defense shield that the Russians felt would weaken their missile defense systems. Putin demanded a deal that this system wouldn't target any of their nuclear missiles. Obama's reply... "I'll have more flexibility after my next election".

Now, in the context of Russia being this really big enemy, I think this is a problem to make such a deal with Russia.