• No

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • There is no such thing

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Have you achieved what you believe to be the American Dream? Not someone else's dream but your dream.

Wishbone

Absolutely!

I played through every level of Call of Duty modern warfare and have all the Elvis Collectors Plates.

:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm currently living my American dream, which would not seem so dreamy to someone else but it's perfect for me. It was a lot of work to get here, though.

Yes, folks, it takes a lot of work and planning to become a homeless vagabond. :lol:

Everything my husband and I have and have accomplished have been done through our own hard work, ingenuity, and luck with timing throughout the decades. I'm currently living the American dream that I had hoped to achieve. I'm still over 10 years from being old enough to retire, but I am working a job I absolutely love and could do happily for the next 10 years, both my children are viable adults already on the paths to each of their American dreams, my husband is living his American dream.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I wonder when the term "American Dream" was first uttered. That's a tricky question, considering that the American Dream will change somewhat from generation to generation. I don't think I'm living the American Dream, but I'm pretty close to it. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, love in my home. For me, the American Dream is more about being free from the tethers of society, and being more self sufficient. I don't think the American Dream is rooted in paying taxes to a corrupt government, leaving less of my hard earned dollars in my own pocket, making "work" increasingly unattractive. I think the true American Dream is something we lost track of in the '60's.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I would say we are getting close. Won't be truly our American Dream until we are living in a log cabin somewhere in the woods. But we paid off our house in our 40's, have plenty of money in our bank account, well paying jobs that don't stress us out and make us miserable, and two boys who are doing well in school and look to amount to decent young men in the future.