The Navy Gets Its First Female SEAL Candidate

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...the-navy-gets-its-first-female-seal-candidate

The Navy says it has its first female candidates for two elite special operations jobs previously closed to women — including a prospective SEAL.

One woman is in the pipeline to be a SEAL officer, and another is on the path to becoming a special warfare combatant crewman. The news was first reported by Military.com, an independent website. The Navy declined to identify the candidates, citing security considerations.

Clem72

Is it news because they are a candidate, or are they expected to get through BUDS training? I thought the washout rate was >90% (though who knows, could just be bravado from the guys I have talked with). Seems unlikely, just based on the odds, that they would make it through.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is it news because they are a candidate, or are they expected to get through BUDS training? I thought the washout rate was >90% (though who knows, could just be bravado from the guys I have talked with). Seems unlikely, just based on the odds, that they would make it through.

Yep, odds are against them like they are with any candidate. And like the two that were the first through Ranger school who washed out, no dishonor there. Eventually, we will have female SEALs, it's just gonna take the time to find the women who can make the mental and physical grade. They exist, it's just a matter of time until the ones who can apply.

Clem72

Why not just let one of the boys decide he identifies as a girl and get to be the first female Seal? The first real female Seal will probably happen the day after they stop testing for testosterone or anabolic steroids.

glhs837

Power with Control
Why not just let one of the boys decide he identifies as a girl and get to be the first female Seal? The first real female Seal will probably happen the day after they stop testing for testosterone or anabolic steroids.

Well, isn't a male to female trans person a high school female wrestling champ in Texas?

gemma_rae

OMG, there they are!

Navy-SEALS-95873[1].jpg

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yep, odds are against them like they are with any candidate. And like the two that were the first through Ranger school who washed out, no dishonor there. Eventually, we will have female SEALs, it's just gonna take the time to find the women who can make the mental and physical grade. They exist, it's just a matter of time until the ones who can apply.

It just takes time to change the requirements and make special requirements and standards for females to meet.

As it is, they don't even have to meet the same PT standards. Don't have to run as fast.. do as many push-ups.. etc..

itsbob

I bowl overhand

http://people.com/celebrity/female-rangers-were-given-special-treatment-sources-say/

The female graduates failed Darby/ RAP TWICE?? Can't think of many male soldiers (like ZERO) that are recycled through RAP for anything other than injuries. I'm sure the third time the word was given.. They WILL pass!!