Victim Sues Driver in 2016 Mechanicsville Crash

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Victim Sues Driver in 2016 Mechanicsville Crash

Date: 07-25-2017 11:16 AM

Summary: A Mechanicsville man, along with his wife and two others, who were severely injured in car crash in October of 2016 is suing the alleged at-fault driver, citing her reckless conduct, while accusing her of being under the influence of either alcohol or drugs at the time.

Click here for the full story...

Hijinx

This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Victim Sues Driver in 2016 Mechanicsville Crash

Date: 07-25-2017 11:16 AM

Summary: A Mechanicsville man, along with his wife and two others, who were severely injured in car crash in October of 2016 is suing the alleged at-fault driver, citing her reckless conduct, while accusing her of being under the influence of either alcohol or drugs at the time.

Click here for the full story...

Seems kinda strange that in a case that serious no tests were given to find alcohol of drugs.
Also pretty strange that no one issued a citation.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
GEICO, for $250,000, claiming they have refused to honor a policy Kalnasy held in case he was involved in a collision with an under-insured driver.

This is odd that they aren't honoring it. I know I have underinsured policy also and USAA covered everything when the woman that rear-ended me was way uninsured. I had way more than 250K for under insured motorists. Things just seem odd with this case. I wonder if it will be dismissed since nothing proved and no one was cited.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
GEICO, for $250,000, claiming they have refused to honor a policy Kalnasy held in case he was involved in a collision with an under-insured driver.

This is odd that they aren't honoring it. I know I have underinsured policy also and USAA covered everything when the woman that rear-ended me was way uninsured. I had way more than 250K for under insured motorists. Things just seem odd with this case. I wonder if it will be dismissed since nothing proved and no one was cited.

There are a lot of similarities between that and the accident my brother was involved in (driving my vehicle) in Great Mills years ago. Except for the money...the suit filed by the victims mother, "on their behalf", demanded something like 8 million from me and millions more from my insurance company. Two individuals were badly injured and one child was pronounced dead at the scene.

It was eventually tossed out.

The small amounts they are suing for seems very odd to me.

officeguy

I know very little about the incident it just strange she didn't get cited.

The SA took his time to charge her. Not sure what caused the delay, may have been related to delays by the reconstructionist, the chemical lab or workload in the SAs office. Glad she was finally charged, I wish it was for a felony or three.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
This isn't uncommon. The SA has something like a year and a day to file charges.

On another note, I am amazed nobody died. It was awful and perhaps the SA wanted some time to see how the recovery process was going.

Peepaw95

I am going to have to check my policy. I was under the impression that I had UNINSURED motorist protection, not UNDERINSURED. Could be wrong.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am going to have to check my policy. I was under the impression that I had UNINSURED motorist protection, not UNDERINSURED. Could be wrong.

I was trying to wrap my brain around that also. There is P.I.P. and uninsured motorist protection but I have never heard of underinsured protection. Either way, you have insurance to cover you when needed so hopefully they are sucessful in recovering some money for the bills I am sure they have.

tamadrummer1120

It was not a matter of not honoring it, but more so dragging feet. Having to go through both GEICO and State Farm (Gellings insurance), it takes a while and insurance companies like to stall as much as possible when having to pay out policy limits. The lawsuit is just a way forcing them to act in a timely manner. Especially when there is no question on if the total sum of medical bills exceeded policy limits.