30 years of RUSH

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Thirty years ago on this day, Aug. 1, 1988, he began broadcasting “The Rush Limbaugh Show” on flagship WABC in New York City.

On his July 12 show, Limbaugh reflected on the approaching anniversary.

“It’s a treat for me to have the opportunity to be behind this microphone every day,” he told his listeners. “You notice how many callers lately are saying 25-year listener, 28-year listener, 20-year listener.”

He said that after three decades the audience has only grown, with up to 27 million listeners.

Rush Limbaugh’s wildly popular “Rush Revere” history books for children are available at the WND Superstore!

“Demographically, everybody who started with this program in 1988 has aged 30 years along with the program and me, the host, and they’re still there,” he said.

He reiterated what “a delight” it is to do the show.

“I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this and how seriously I take it in terms of meeting and surpassing expectations,” he said.

Limbaugh said he works harder now than ever.

“I’m not asking for any violins or anything, don’t misunderstand. I’m just saying it’s the exact opposite of what I thought would be the case after this many years.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/rush-limbaugh-celebrates-radio-shows-30th-year/#CXfZerW7rqdR18VC.99

Clem72

Well, just started year 30, so 30 years of Rush is appropriate, me thinks. Not quite three decades, but on the track.

Sure, we're in the 30th year. But that's not what it said. It said "Thirty years ago on this day, Aug. 1, 1988", which was exactly 29 years ago. If you born on that date, would you call yourself 30? What if you were born Aug 1, 2016...Are you 1, or 2?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Sure, we're in the 30th year. But that's not what it said. It said "Thirty years ago on this day, Aug. 1, 1988", which was exactly 29 years ago. If you born on that date, would you call yourself 30? What if you were born Aug 1, 2016...Are you 1, or 2?

Picky, picky, but technicality correct you be.:buddies: