US Muslims more accepting of Homosexuality than Evangelic Protestants

Sapidus

"Despite still holding more conservative views than the rest of the general population, the percentage of Muslims who believe homosexuality should be accepted by society has doubled in the last 10 years.

In the latest 2017 study, 52 per cent of Muslims backed acceptance, up from 27 per cent in 2007.

The rate at which Muslims are becoming more accepting of homosexuality is also faster than some other faiths, including white evangelical Protestants, of whom 34 per cent back homosexuality in society.

The figures come from the Pew Research Centre, which studied religion, public life and social views across America."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...n-white-evangelical-protestants-a3602311.html

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Are these the same poll takers that predicted a Hillary presidency?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are a couple of logical fallacies going on with this "poll". Muslims are quite outspoken regarding their dislike of homosexuals, to the point that they beat and kill them fairly routinely. Those are the fundie Muslims, kicking it (literally) old school. The US Muslims polled are clearly not fundies, but they are being compared to fundie Christians, which isn't a fair or valid comparison.

A more unbiased poll taker would have compared fundie to fundie, and casual to casual. As in, take all the Christians of all denominations and compare them to all the Muslims. Or compare modern US Muslims to casual Christians. I am positive that those percentages would change and the pollster would find that Christians are WAY more tolerant of homosexuality than Muslims.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
its 'ok' for a Muslim to have sex with a male as long as it is not LOVE, but one asserting POWER one over the other ... like a Master over a Slave

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
"Despite still holding more conservative views than the rest of the general population, the percentage of Muslims who believe homosexuality should be accepted by society has doubled in the last 10 years.

In the latest 2017 study, 52 per cent of Muslims backed acceptance, up from 27 per cent in 2007.

The rate at which Muslims are becoming more accepting of homosexuality is also faster than some other faiths, including white evangelical Protestants, of whom 34 per cent back homosexuality in society.

The figures come from the Pew Research Centre, which studied religion, public life and social views across America."

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...n-white-evangelical-protestants-a3602311.html

The killings in Orlando sure proved that.........just sayin'

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's awesome for you Sappy!!!

Now you can move to Riyadh. :yay:

Sappy would be toast. Unless he can fly when launched off of a rooftop....

A key difference that the Sap-One fails to acknowledge is the vast array of laws and punishments for being a rump ranger in a Muslim country.

At another level, though, it’s no joking matter. In Iran today, lavat (sodomy) is a capital offence and people are frequently executed for it. In Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Yemen and Mauritania, sodomy is also punishable by death – though no executions have been reported for at least a decade.

Among other Arab countries, the penalty in Algeria, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Somalia, Tunisia and Syria is imprisonment – up to 10 years in the case of Bahrain. In those that have no specific law against homosexuality, gay people may still be prosecuted under other laws. In Egypt, for example, an old law against “debauchery” is often used.

As left wing cabal are so quick to point out here every day: "If its the law, it must be right". Amirite?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/21/gay-lgbt-muslim-countries-middle-east

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A key difference that the Sap-One fails to acknowledge is the vast array of laws and punishments for being a rump ranger in a Muslim country.

:smack:

come on now Gil, that is an Inconvenient Truth ..... Sappy is too busy Grinding an Ax against Those Icky Christians here in the US.

Ignoring the fact that Muslims can get away with saying ANYTHING here in the US, and no one will call them on it ... but in the Middle East However Muslims sing a different tune

unless they are Honor Killing their daughters for getting too 'Westernized'

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I think the OP should just go to Dearborn, MI, stand on a busy street corner holding a sign that says "Thank you, Muslims, for accepting homosexuals", then just go with the flow of love.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You try with your insults but if i was gay that wouldn't be an insult and the article is about US muslims.

So now we all know you can't read.

Yep.. just saw last night where the Episcopalians and Methodists were throwing gay people off the empire state building.. but the MSM just refuses to report on it..

Sapidus

There are a couple of logical fallacies going on with this "poll". Muslims are quite outspoken regarding their dislike of homosexuals, to the point that they beat and kill them fairly routinely. Those are the fundie Muslims, kicking it (literally) old school. The US Muslims polled are clearly not fundies, but they are being compared to fundie Christians, which isn't a fair or valid comparison.

A more unbiased poll taker would have compared fundie to fundie, and casual to casual. As in, take all the Christians of all denominations and compare them to all the Muslims. Or compare modern US Muslims to casual Christians. I am positive that those percentages would change and the pollster would find that Christians are WAY more tolerant of homosexuality than Muslims.

What? No one said anything about who is a fundamental religious person and who is not.

The poll and comparison is about religion in America.

It's totally valid since all they are doing is comparing two different data sets.

I know you like to paint all Muslims as evil and that they are some myopic group that doesn't assimilate but these results show that isn't true in this scenario

Hijinx

What? No one said anything about who is a fundamental religious person and who is not.

It's totally valid since all they are doing is comparing two different data sets.

I know you like to paint all Muslims as evil and that they are some myopic group that doesn't assimilate but these results show that isn't true in this scenario

I wonder how these same people would feel if they were in ----let's say Libya, or Syria, instead of here in the US.
Where they practice Taqiyya

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Do you understand what an "evangelical" is?

No, it's not. I actually read your drivel this time and they compared apples to oranges.

No, that would be you being full of ####. I do not, nor have I ever, painted all Muslims as evil. And your "results" are biased flawed bull####, just like your silly ASSumptions about my opinion of Muslims.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I know you like to paint all Muslims as evil

Say Sappy..how far do you think you could fly when they launch you off the top of a four-story building? I have video of who you'll have to beat. He didn't so much fly as "plummet". Shirley you can do better.