Live PD 6AUG

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Watching tonight and in Calvert a Jeep gets pulled over and the deputy finds probable cause somehow and comes up with a fair amount of heroin paraphernalia. The two young white kids get out in their Lighthouse T shirts (staff?) and guess what? No follow up. #whoyagonnacall

PeoplesElbow

What is heroin paraphernalia?

From what I've seen on jury duty I have a house full of crack and cocaine paraphernalia, plastic bags, postal scale, baking soda, and razor blades.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Watching tonight and in Calvert a Jeep gets pulled over and the deputy finds probable cause somehow and comes up with a fair amount of heroin paraphernalia. The two young white kids get out in their Lighthouse T shirts (staff?) and guess what? No follow up. #whoyagonnacall

I am guessing there are two people that are going to be looking for jobs soon!

glhs837

Power with Control
What is heroin paraphernalia?

From what I've seen on jury duty I have a house full of crack and cocaine paraphernalia, plastic bags, postal scale, baking soda, and razor blades.

Do you keep spoons with flame discoloration and syringes and maybe some surgical tubing in your house? That would be my guess as to what they found.

PeoplesElbow

Do you keep spoons with flame discoloration and syringes and maybe some surgical tubing in your house? That would be my guess as to what they found.

My spoons are not discolored and no surgical tubing.

My point is paraphernalia is just every day items most of the time.

kom526

Heroin paraphernalia = 3 used syringes, 2 tourniquets, spoon, a straw and a baggie with heroin residue. All in a convenient little carrying case.

glhs837

Power with Control
My spoons are not discolored and no surgical tubing.

My point is paraphernalia is just every day items most of the time.

My point was that it varies by drug. And as you note, some can be everyday items. A soda can. But a soda can with a hole that has some window screen in it? That's paraphernalia

BernieP

Resident PIA

syringes with residue - otherwise you were pretty much spot on. Oh, a mirror and a straw to snort with (not long enough for use in a beverage). Best part is, all conveniently packed in a small bag along with a little baggy with residue.

I don't know what follow up the OP was looking for? I'm sure they will have their day in court, maybe a trip to the ER or Baltimore (coroner)

Oops, just saw that all that was pretty much caught earlier

But to the comment about it being "everyday" items, no. The straw used is thicker that a stir stick and much shorter than a beverage straw. If they are smoking it's not a standard pipe - no, it's a glass pipe - which by the way are legal to sell but tobacco smokers don't use them - go figure.

Last edited:

kom526

I don't know what follow up the OP was looking for? I'm sure they will have their day in court, maybe a trip to the ER or Baltimore (coroner)

Usually LivePD will check back if there is a roadside vehicle search. They did not for this one which was surprising because:
1) Mohler was a guest and CalCo is his agency.
2) The kids were wearing what I assume were their work attire. (Lighthouse)

frequentflier

happy to be living
*Rumor* has it that the Prius full of people coming from the tiki opening several months ago, several under age, driver admitted to having pot...the driver is a granddaughter to someone "important" in Calvert Co. Not sure which politician or who she is related to but they never went back to that.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They rarely "go back" or do a follow up after the stop unless there was some sort of incident. Officer was shoved down and broke her wrist, the only follow up was on her injury.
That's been the format of the show, show the action of the officers in the field, at the moment. They will discuss the interaction and that's the end of the story for Live PD.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Keep in mind this was happening LIVE.
I doubt their lawyer was watching LivePD just in case these kids got stopped and was able to get it off TV immediately.

and the crew is with the officer (in all the jurisdictions)
A&E doesn't have anyone at the station or the jail or the courthouse.

The officers with the crew NEVER transport (for obvious reasons) so the crew is always on patrol.

Rare follow ups and the only ones I can remember were in the case of injury - like the officer I mentioned and the guy who resisted with a baby in his hands. They followed up on the well being of the child and because the crew had stepped in to assist in caring for the child.