Schools Now Trying To Ban The Surname 'Lynch'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Schools Now Trying To Ban The Surname 'Lynch' Because It's Offensive To Minorities
Political correctness gone wild.

A school board in Portland, Oregon decided to take up the gauntlet for intersectionality. No, they are not raising awareness about Sweden becoming the rape capital of Europe, Christian genocide in the Middle East, or the growing concern of terror in the world, instead they are allowing themselves to be triggered over the surname "Lynch."

Just when you think that the social justice warrior insanity could not get any crazier, left-wing bureaucrats take it to a whole new level.

On Wednesday, the Centennial School District, which covers Gresham and Southeast Portland, voted to change the name of local schools Lynch Meadows Elementary School, Lynch View Elementary School, and Lynch Wood Elementary School because the name Lynch is triggering special snowflakes, according to a Fox News report.

The schools were named to honor the wealthy Lynch family, who donated the land to the local government for the purpose of building schools and public places. However, because the term "lynch mob" has a historically negative connotation associated with racism, there have been a few complaints from locals who are unfamiliar with the history of the area.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
In VA, they are looking for alternative names for Jefferson Davis Hwy because now it's deemed offensive. :rolleyes:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When do they go after the NAACP and that college fund for having trigger words in their titles? What are we now going to call those bright pencils that art students use? Maybe have an African nation change it's name since the spelling is easy to mispronounce. So many possibilities. Just don't let anyone mess with the Grand Tetons' name.

nobody really

I need a nap
When do they go after the NAACP and that college fund for having trigger words in their titles? What are we now going to call those bright pencils that art students use? Maybe have an African nation change it's name since the spelling is easy to mispronounce. So many possibilities. Just don't let anyone mess with the Grand Tetons' name.

I had to look that up lol....

The name "Grand Teton" does not come without historical controversy. Grand Teton may come from early French Canadian explorers of the Northwest Company, who, upon seeing the three peaks of the range, called them "Les Trois Tetons," or "The Three Breasts."

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I had to look that up lol....

more-you-know.jpg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Good grief. :duh: What about black folks named White or vice versa? Where do you drawn the line? :shrug:

black dog

Free America
Good grief. :duh: What about black folks named White or vice versa? Where do you drawn the line? :shrug:

When I was in Elementary School at Grosvenor Elementary School in Bethesda in the 60's our Principal was a black man named Mr White. He wore taps on his shoes, you could hear him coming down the hallway on those terrazzo floors.
We giggled all the time about his name..

black dog

Free America
Exactly what I was alluding to. :high5: It is quite the slippery slope when we start being offended by every little thing in life. Maybe people named Cox will be next. :lol:

I met a Horstick in St Mary's Co... I started laughing when he was introduced,,

PeoplesElbow

My 4th grade teacher's first name was Gay, we had a visitor to the class one day and he introduced himself "Hi I'm Bob", and her reply was "Hi, I'm Gay" and the entire class of 9 year olds erupted in laughter.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I met a Horstick in St Mary's Co... I started laughing when he was introduced,,

I worked years ago with a guy whose last name was Hor. I pity any daughters he may have had with that last name knowing the ribbing HE took.