Eclipse

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? My Mom (in Lincoln, NE) just called and said people are thronging into town, the rooftop bars are packed, and hotels are sold out....with people coming into town for the eclipse.

:crazy:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Am I the only one who doesn't care about this? My Mom (in Lincoln, NE) just called and said people are thronging into town, the rooftop bars are packed, and hotels are sold out....with people coming into town for the eclipse.

You actually have a life.......just saying'

...but then again I'm in for any reason to have a party

Wishbone

If I was in the zone to watch it with a welding lens, I'd do it. It is kinda cool that the sun and moon are at an exact distance and ratio for something like this.

Of course there are the psychos out there too.

Sapidus said:
Donald Trump and the Russians Stole the Sun!!! Donald Trump and the Russians Stole the Sun!!!

:jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not the only one. I don't get the hysteria either. A coworker flew out to the Midwest to see it. :bigwhoop:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I was in the zone to watch it with a welding lens, I'd do it. It is kinda cool that the sun and moon are at an exact distance and ratio for something like this.

There are so many fascinating things happening in our solar system at any given moment that I guess I can't get excited about this. If we were already in a place to see it, sure, I'd go take a look. But for people to make this a vacation event...I don't even know what to say.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You got the name wrong..

It's the Bobclipse..

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm attempting a clutch replacement in my TDI in the driveway. I plan to take a refresher nap during the eclipse, because I don't want to break out a drop light.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
don't care either, will go outside just to see how DARK 81.9% obscured during the day will be...

What i am interested in is how animals will react, i had link but lost it. Scientist have been recording animals at a couple locations, prior to, then during and then after the event to see what happens showing the comparisons...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You got the name wrong..

It's the Bobclipse..

More like the Boobclipse. Make sure your ass is protected.

FB_IMG_1503333477869.jpg

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I am excited about it because I haven't heard ANYTHING about Russia, Charlottesville, or N Korea this morning and it can't be blamed on Trump. NOW, if you look at it without the proper glasses and go blind, then that will be his fault.

Chris0nllyn

Our whole office got eclipse glasses and we'll be watching from the parking lot.

I think it's cool to see something like this as it happens once in a blue moon, but I'm not about to take my vacation time and travel for it.