Rumor Has It, K Harris is Going To Run For President

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Joe Arpaio was convicted because he committed a crime. He should not be pardoned. http://cnn.it/2v2bjjv

- Kamala Harris

Harris referenced a CNN story about Trump’s speech at a Phoenix rally on Tuesday in which Trump hinted he might pardon Arpaio. Trump had asked the audience, "Do the people in this room like Sheriff Joe?" He continued, "So was Sheriff Joe convicted for doing his job? … You know what, I'll make a prediction: I think he's going to be just fine, OK? But I won't do it tonight, because I don't want to cause any controversy. But Sheriff Joe should feel good.”

In July, Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt for disregarding a federal district court order in a racial profiling case.

On August 15, Trump retweeted a post by Fox & Friends which referenced the network's report that Trump might pardon Arpaio.

Harris thinks that Arpaio shouldn’t be pardoned because he committed a crime? As the Department of Justice notes:

Under the Constitution, only federal criminal convictions, such as those adjudicated in the United States District Courts, may be pardoned by the President. In addition, the President's pardon power extends to convictions adjudicated in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and military court-martial proceedings.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20182/kamala-harris-tweets-dumbest-thing-about-trumps-hank-berrien

SamSpade

I couldn't figure out what she wanted to say.

You cannot "pardon" people UNLESS they have committed a crime. That's why it is a pardon.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

You cannot "pardon" people UNLESS they have committed a crime. That's why it is a pardon.

Maybe all those other people pardoned by Obama / Clinton weren't really guilty of a crime, but political oppression or reacting to oppression

that cop killer, the left has been screaming for his release for decades .... some Black Nationalist

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kamala Harris is the new Barack Obama: a junior Senator (she literally *just* got in office) with no qualifications, but because she's black (and a woman! two-fer!) the prog press is sucking her ass hard. Her whole platform is "America is racist". That's it - she has no other message. Everything she says and does is through the prism of race.

Well sorry, Kamala, we've already had our affirmative action president and it's going to take us years to dig out of that disaster. You're going to have to bring something more to the table other than, "I'm black and America is racist".

Chris0nllyn

Well, one can't be pardoned if they didn't commit a crime, so there's that.

As I said in the other thread, I wonder what Sessions thinks of this. I posted DOJ's policies and Arpaio isn't eligible for pardon or commuted sentence based on those policies. As AG, and as someone who early this month said,
Just as I’m committed to defending law enforcement who lawfully have to use deadly force to defend themselves while engaged in their work, I will also use the power of the office I’m entrusted with to hold any officer responsible who violates the law."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...ons-police-misconduct-attorney-general-241227

Will Arpaio be an exception to Sessions' committment to hold "any officer responsible who violates the law"?

The answer is likely, yes. Sessions should be the loudest person in Trump's ear on this issue considering the most likely talking points surrounding the likely pardon of Arpaio will be that the good Sheriff was simply "enforcing the law" or "keeping peopel safe" or "a victim of political correctness". If that's the case, the argument for drug dealers should be that they are simply locked up for making people happy.

Arpaio ignored a judge's orders and was found guilty of a crime. One for which he should do the time (not that he would anyway, it's a misdemeanor contempt charge...).

All that being said, Trump can do as he pleases. Call it a perk of the job. The DOJ policies apply when the cirminal seeks a pardon, to which Arpaio said he wouldn't do. The DOJ's policies are through the Office of the Pardon Attorney, a position Trump has yet to appoint, so a new pardon attorney could change those policies.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

She doesn't have to make sense. She's black AND a woman, you racist misogynist. That should be good enough for you.

Wishbone

Kamala Harris is the new Barack Obama: a junior Senator (she literally *just* got in office) with no qualifications, but because she's black (and a woman! two-fer!) the prog press is sucking her ass hard. Her whole platform is "America is racist". That's it - she has no other message. Everything she says and does is through the prism of race.

Well sorry, Kamala, we've already had our affirmative action president and it's going to take us years to dig out of that disaster. You're going to have to bring something more to the table other than, "I'm black and America is racist".
So instead of campaign rally cheers and flag waving will hers be rioting and looting at speaking engagements?

SamSpade

Like Rachel Dolezal and Elizabeth Warren?

No, INDIA Indian mother, African father. Hence the Indian name.

EDIT to add:

The discrimination thing to me is weird - MANY Indian Americans I have worked with have told me they have tried to avail themselves of laws and situations to assist those of color in this country - to no avail.
Ditto Asians. What they have repeatedly told me is that affirmative action programs and such exist solely to assist African Americans and no one else.

Last edited:

Hijinx

*Indian*, actually.

(Well, HALF African American)

Kamala has 2 children who is the father of them.
Rather strange a Civil Rights warrior such as herself couldn't find a black man she could marry.
She is a pretty good looking half caste, part Jamaican, part Indian, looks like some black man would have found her attractive.

Trid looking to find out who her first husband was , but couldn't find it. I read somewhere that he was much older than her.

SamSpade

Kamala has 2 children who is the father of them.
Rather strange a Civil Rights warrior such as herself couldn't find a black man she could marry.
She is a pretty good looking half caste, part Jamaican, part Indian, looks like some black man would have found her attractive.

Trid looking to find out who her first husband was , but couldn't find it. I read somewhere that he was much older than her.

I try not to judge anyone based on how attractive - or not - they are.
I've met too many very attractive women I really had no interest in, and quite a lot of average to not so average looking women I was absolutely nuts over - because they were so compelling to be around.

She strikes me as someone who has cashed in easily on racial issues - but not so much on her intellect.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maybe all those other people pardoned by Obama / Clinton weren't really guilty of a crime, but political oppression or reacting to oppression

that cop killer, the left has been screaming for his release for decades .... some Black Nationalist

Mumia Abu Jamal is an American activist and journalist who became involved in black nationalism in his youth and was a member of the Black Panther Party until October 1970. He left the party and became a radio reporter, eventually becoming president of the Philadelphia association of Black Journalists. He was convicted and sentenced to death in 1982 for the murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner. After numerous appeals, his sentence was commuted in 2001 to life imprisonment without parole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well, one can't be pardoned if they didn't commit a crime, so there's that.

As I said in the other thread, I wonder what Sessions thinks of this. I posted DOJ's policies and Arpaio isn't eligible for pardon or commuted sentence based on those policies. As AG, and as someone who early this month said,

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under...ons-police-misconduct-attorney-general-241227

Will Arpaio be an exception to Sessions' committment to hold "any officer responsible who violates the law"?

The answer is likely, yes. Sessions should be the loudest person in Trump's ear on this issue considering the most likely talking points surrounding the likely pardon of Arpaio will be that the good Sheriff was simply "enforcing the law" or "keeping peopel safe" or "a victim of political correctness". If that's the case, the argument for drug dealers should be that they are simply locked up for making people happy.

Arpaio ignored a judge's orders and was found guilty of a crime. One for which he should do the time (not that he would anyway, it's a misdemeanor contempt charge...).

All that being said, Trump can do as he pleases. Call it a perk of the job. The DOJ policies apply when the cirminal seeks a pardon, to which Arpaio said he wouldn't do. The DOJ's policies are through the Office of the Pardon Attorney, a position Trump has yet to appoint, so a new pardon attorney could change those policies.

DOJ policies don't trump the constitution, which happens to be where the presidents authority to pardon comes from.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

By the time of the 2020 election, she will have served the equivalent amount of time as the Kenyan did in the United States Senate.

Wishbone

By the time of the 2020 election, she will have served the equivalent amount of time as the Kenyan did in the United States Senate.

Hell thanks to the Muslim In Chief Democrats already have their race-war beginning, what more do they want?

PeoplesElbow

The difference is that Obama was pretty likable, appeared non-controversial, etc. He also won early on because John Edwards was siphoning off some of Hillarys votes until he got caught cheating on his wife.

I remember your first post about Obama saying him and Michelle were good looking and well spoken.

Harris has none of these qualities.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The difference is that Obama was pretty likable, appeared non-controversial, etc. He also won early on because John Edwards was siphoning off some of Hillarys votes until he got caught cheating on his wife.

I remember your first post about Obama saying him and Michelle were good looking and well spoken.

Harris has none of these qualities.

Do not forget that roughly half of this country will vote for her simply because she has a D after her name. And the press will jump through hoops to tell voters that if they *don't* vote for her, it's because they're racists and misogynists. Think of Hillary Clinton, only she's black. Harris doesn't have to be likeable or intelligent or have good ideas; all she has to be is a black woman with a D after her name.

However! American voters put Donald Trump in the White House, and if he continues on this path, they will keep him there in 2020.