Is the IRS Scandal About to Break Wide Open?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lost emails, destroyed hard drives, foot dragging, stonewalling, and a smirking, sneering IRS commissioner doing his best to obscure the truth -- this has largely been the response by the Internal Revenue Service to investigations by Congress and FOIA requests from conservative groups trying to discover the truth about the IRS targeting scandal.

But one federal judge appears to be just as curious as the rest of us about what exactly the IRS was up to when it targeted conservative groups for special scrutiny in approving their tax-exempt status.

Washington Examiner:

Judge Reggie B. Walton of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ordered the IRS last week to release the names of employees involved in targeting conservative and Tea Party groups. Walton also told the IRS to explain why groups were targeted and search for additional records in agency databases from May 2009 to March 2015.

The IRS has until Oct. 16 to complete its records search.

Walton's order was a turning point for True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht in her legal battle with the IRS that began in 2013.

"We've come so far, and I believe that we are going to bring this thing to a head," Engelbrecht told the Washington Examiner. "I believe we will see the IRS correct its ways, and as to accountability, I'd love to see some perp walks."

Is the IRS Scandal About to Break Wide Open?

about damn time

b23hqb

PREMO Member
All Trump has to do is give the word to just do it, and it will immediately break wide open - publicly. But, I think, he may have some kind of dog in this fight as well.

Hijinx

It sure doesn't sound like anything is breaking open

according to an inspector general’s report, the agency in charge of collecting your tax dollars and safeguarding your private information has rehired 213 employees guilty not only of the offenses mentioned above, but also of dodging taxes and of making unauthorized use of taxpayer information.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/21/irs-has-rehired-disgraced-employees/

Sounds to me like Obama is back in the WH.