U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory’s Justice Department.

Mapp issued an emergency declaration Tuesday and mobilized National Guard units to prepare for the massive storm.

“This is not an opportunity to go outside and try to have fun with a hurricane,” Mapp said. “It’s not time to get on a surfboard.”

Irma strengthened to a Category 5 storm Tuesday, with wind gusts hitting 175 miles an hour. Irma’s eye is expected to pass just north of the heart of the U.S. Virgin Islands on Wednesday and bring four to eight inches or rain and 60-mile-per-hour wind gusts.

Virgin Islands Allows National Guard To Seize Guns, Ammo Ahead Of Hurricane Irma

glhs837

Power with Control
Not sue what the point of seizing firearms and ammo is? So looters don't shoot back? People afraid of bullets being thrown by the hurricane?

Hijinx

Any oportunity to be a douche, a politician seizes it!

This sounds pretty stupid to me. What it does is take away a persons right to protect their property from looters.
maybe that is what the Governor wants. An open door to looters.
Once these weapon are confiscated, what is the chance of getting it back.
I would say slim and none.
Sounds like this guy just fulfilled Hillary's dream and used the hurricane to do it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think a lot of islanders will say that they lost all their firearms when their boat sank. :lol:

But, seriously, why do they have the right to take them away? The US Virgin Islands are part of the US, right? So, I would assume they are governed under the 2nd Amendment.

After we moved recently, we could never find our firearms. They must have gotten lost in the move.
Darn movers. Oh well.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Last time I was working down there, armed thug violence was pretty rampant..I doubt it's changed much. So great...confiscate the firearms from the law abiding so the thugs will have free reign in the aftermath. Typical liberal insanity.

Hijinx

Last time I was working down there, armed thug violence was pretty rampant..I doubt it's changed much. So great...confiscate the firearms from the law abiding so the thugs will have free reign in the aftermath. Typical liberal insanity.

I am sure a lot of them will be hiding their cache.
Also pretty sure anyone who doesn't will never see their property again.