Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We shouldn't punish DREAMers for things their parents did BUT any white American living today is stained by a despicable act that took place a century and a half ago. Do I have that correct? Asking for a friend. TIA

Hijinx

We shouldn't punish DREAMers for things their parents did BUT any white American living today is stained by a despicable act that took place a century and a half ago. Do I have that correct? Asking for a friend. TIA

You're pretty close. You forgot we are supposed to pay reparations also.

Sapidus

Yes. If you are a moron you can make that false comparison. And make up the fact that white americans are in any way persecuted for the actions of their forefathers.

Snowflake

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm exempting myself.

None of my ancestors could afford slaves... And a couple of them might have been Irish ones.

You sure? I was sure my dirt poor coal mining ancestors were in the same boat...... then I found the 1760-80s Fairfax plantation owner, whose son went west and founded the dirt poor coal miner branch of the clan...... :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes. If you are a moron you can make that false comparison. And make up the fact that white americans are in any way persecuted for the actions of their forefathers.

Snowflake

Don't watch the news much, eh Sappy? You know..all the "white guilt" BS and demands for reparations and deamands that we should give our homes to them, and on and on.. You should put down the crack pipe and get out more.

Wishbone

You sure? I was sure my dirt poor coal mining ancestors were in the same boat...... then I found the 1760-80s Fairfax plantation owner, whose son went west and founded the dirt poor coal miner branch of the clan...... :)

Nope. I'm certain.

The German ancestry were here for the revolutionary war, won't say what side they were on, and the remainder arrived in 1870s.

None of them had slaves either.

black dog

Free America

Your White Privilege is showing..

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Snowflake

How about we have an intelligent conversation about this subject without resorting to name calling? Point out the fallacies. Are you up for that?

If you are a go, here's my take.

White Americans are being penalized by the US government in things like job placement, college enrollment and contracts. The program goes by the name affirmative action. It's actually governmental racism. MLK wept.

So we can discuss or if you want to go old(elementary) school, then I'm done.

black dog

Free America
Nope. I'm certain.

The German ancestry were here for the revolutionary war, won't say what side they were on, and the remainder arrived in 1870s.

None of them had slaves either.

German here also, I will say the dairy barn on the family farm outside of Walkersville has a double stone wall about 8' apart on one end up through the top of the second floor.
There may or may not be 5 or 6 bed frames still there on the second floor.

Last edited:

Sapidus

Don't watch the news much, eh Sappy? You know..all the "white guilt" BS and demands for reparations and deamands that we should give our homes to them, and on and on.. You should put down the crack pipe and get out more.

Yeah because when a few people say something it speaks for the entire race. You love playing the victim. Poor you.

So i guess by your logic that makes you a nazi because a couple hundred nazi's marched in Charlottseville?

You really need a safe space if you feel so threatened any time someone says something you disagree with.

Sapidus

How about we have an intelligent conversation about this subject without resorting to name calling? Point out the fallacies. Are you up for that?

If you are a go, here's my take.

White Americans are being penalized by the US government in things like job placement, college enrollment and contracts. The program goes by the name affirmative action. It's actually governmental racism. MLK wept.

So we can discuss or if you want to go old(elementary) school, then I'm done.

It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when you begin with the false equivalencies.

Yes slavery is a stain on our collective consciousness as a country. But that doesn't mean all white people are racist. only a few outliers believe that. Many many more people believe that innocent children that follow the law should be allowed to stay in the only country they have ever known as home.

The two are not equatable.

This_person

It's hard to have an intelligent discussion when you begin with the false equivalencies.

Yes slavery is a stain on our collective consciousness as a country. But that doesn't mean all white people are racist. only a few outliers believe that. Many many more people believe that innocent children that follow the law should be allowed to stay in the only country they have ever known as home.

The two are not equatable.

So, by "follow the law", would you agree that we automatically exempt from being exempt of law enforcement anyone who has used (above the age of 18) a false SSN or claims to being a citizen?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah because when a few people say something it speaks for the entire race. You love playing the victim. Poor you.

So i guess by your logic that makes you a nazi because a couple hundred nazi's marched in Charlottseville?

You really need a safe space if you feel so threatened any time someone says something you disagree with.

I've never felt the least bit threatened by people I disagree with. In cases like you, it's actually a constant source of both amusement and bemusement.

Thanks for that!

Restitution

You may be on to something right here..... after all.... let's state FACTS!

When slavery was happening.... it was perfectly LEGAL according to the laws of the land and the Constitution.

When Illegal Immigration is and was happening.... it was perfectly ILLEGAL according to the laws of the land and the Constitution.

I see what you mean by "false equivalency." :yay: