Attacked by Rotten Tomatoes

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
LOS ANGELES — Hollywood had a horrible summer.

Between the first weekend in May and Labor Day, a sequel-stuffed period that typically accounts for 40 percent of annual ticket sales, box office revenue in North America totaled $3.8 billion, a 15 percent decline from the same span last year. To find a slower summer, you would have to go back 20 years. Business has been so bad that America’s three biggest theater chains have lost roughly $4 billion in market value since May.

Ready for the truly alarming part? Hollywood is blaming a website: Rotten Tomatoes.

“I think it’s the destruction of our business,” Brett Ratner, the director, producer and film financier, said at a film festival this year.

Some studio executives privately concede that a few recent movies — just a few — were simply bad. Flawed marketing may have played a role in a couple of other instances, they acknowledged, along with competition from Netflix and Amazon.

ah yes, blame someone else, because people aren't interested in your virtue signalling crap

h3mech

Hey Hollywood,
don't blame other folks for your failings, the decline of 15% is me and my fellow deplorable not wanting to watch folks who think they are activist not Actors, I think you need to be actors because you suck as activist. and by the way where is the strike Hollywood said was coming?

LOS ANGELES — Hollywood had a horrible summer.

Between the first weekend in May and Labor Day, a sequel-stuffed period that typically accounts for 40 percent of annual ticket sales, box office revenue in North America totaled $3.8 billion, a 15 percent decline from the same span last year. To find a slower summer, you would have to go back 20 years. Business has been so bad that America’s three biggest theater chains have lost roughly $4 billion in market value since May.

Ready for the truly alarming part? Hollywood is blaming a website: Rotten Tomatoes.

“I think it’s the destruction of our business,” Brett Ratner, the director, producer and film financier, said at a film festival this year.

Some studio executives privately concede that a few recent movies — just a few — were simply bad. Flawed marketing may have played a role in a couple of other instances, they acknowledged, along with competition from Netflix and Amazon.

ah yes, blame someone else, because people aren't interested in your virtue signalling crap

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hey Hollywood,
don't blame other folks for your failings, the decline of 15% is me and my fellow deplorable not wanting to watch folks who think they are activist not Actors, I think you need to be actors because you suck as activist. and by the way where is the strike Hollywood said was coming?

boycotts aside - aka ignoring movies that pontificate or lecture social issues a person might hold opposite views on,

... who wants to watch the crap movies being put out

I grew up watching Wonder Woman in the 70's on Tv and had ZERO interest seeing that in the theaters

... the last movie I saw was GotG 2 and that was mostly because of my 12 yr old daughter
[I will probably see the next Star Wars for the same reasons]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The consistent money makers have always been family entertainment, and yet Hollywood continues to put out profane obscene garbage that limits their audience and only serves to act out their own violent fetishes and sexual kinks. Add to that the onslaught of actors who spend their off time ranting about their political psychosis and insulting half the country, and now you've got box office poison. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but apparently Hollywood is so out of touch with reality that they can't smell their own bad breath.