Candidate for Charlotte mayor puts 'white' among qualifications

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...arlotte-mayor-puts-white-among-qualifications

A candidate for mayor in Charlotte, N.C., listed "white" among her qualifications in Facebook comments that have since been deleted.

The chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party rebuked Kimberley Paige Barnette, who has since apologized for her remarks.

"VOTE FOR ME!" Barnette, 53, wrote on her Facebook page, the Charlotte Observer reported.

"REPUBLICAN & SMART, WHITE, TRADITIONAL."

Robin Hayes, state GOP chairman, said in a statement the mayoral race will not be decided based on the skin color of any of the candidates.

Attachments

• 2017-09-07_7-06-52.jpg
    2017-09-07_7-06-52.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 253

Weems

I don't really care that she used her whiteness as a selling point. But using ALL CAPS to state this is borderline pathological.

It may not be a mortal sin, but it most certainly should be discussed in the confessional at the earliest opportunity.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Had she listed herself as Black, there would have been no outcry. Not that this chick was going to win the primary anyway, but the NC GOP is acting like she committed some horrible atrocity for simply stating that she is White. So? Clearly she is White, so why is it racist and bad to say so?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Had she listed herself as Black, there would have been no outcry. Not that this chick was going to win the primary anyway, but the NC GOP is acting like she committed some horrible atrocity for simply stating that she is White. So? Clearly she is White, so why is it racist and bad to say so?

or indian, that's a valid selling point too. Plus it doesn't matter if you really are, you get points for trying.

Toxick

Splat
Had she listed herself as Black, there would have been no outcry.

I disagree.

If a black person had listed themselves as black, there would have been no outcry.

If she had listed herself as black, the cultural appropriation goons would have burned her ####ing house down.

That said, IMO, anyone listing their race as a "qualification" should be kicked in their genitals.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If she had listed herself as black, the cultural appropriation goons would have burned her ####ing house down.

Surely you are not accusing the Left of hypocrisy? They had no #### fit when Bill Clinton was proclaimed our first Black president, nor did they burn down the house of Black Activist and Yo Girl Rachel Dolezal.

dolezal.jpg

NextJen

Raisin cane
Were they really a list of 'qualifications', or were they just attributes? To me, a qualification would be more along the lines of education, community achievements, previous work and duties that have prepared someone to handle the office or job which they are applying for, etc.

None of the items listed together in that picture are what I would considered 'qualifications' for office.

Toxick

Splat
Were they really a list of 'qualifications', or were they just attributes?

Selling points, then. Highlights.

Most sane people don't list their race while they're self-promoting, unless they're engaging in some kind of identity politics.
Which is a yuge turn-off for me.

--
Toxick
On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is as dark as a vantablack painted room in a subterranean chamber 200 yards under Antarctica in June with no electricity, and 10 is whiter than the glowing wings of the Archangel Michael, I am 12!