St Marys River

glhs837

Power with Control
St Marys River.jpg

Was pretty calm tonight

glhs837

Power with Control
Spent an hour out there Sat between 630 and 730pm. Was amazing, not one other boat except one anchored out. Only noise was some music from the college and three Golden Retrievers at a waterfront house on south Snow Hill who came out to the end of the pier to bark at me :) I really think I need a longer boat though, this little Swifty take a lot of energy.

glhs837

Power with Control
Where did you put in ?

Right at the college boathouse. Pull up, yank yak out of the back of the Jeep, wife drives away. I tried the ramp last time, but it's pretty slimy and slippery, so these last two times I carry it out on the actual pier and float the kayak next to it and slide in from the side. Same for exit.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.1895111,-76.4330012,144m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Straight out from the parking lot, about where the outer section of green sailboat berths are. I know a lot of folks don't like to get in from the side while the kayak is floating though.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Was amazing, not one other boat except one anchored out.

That's one of the features I like most about living here at the mouth of the St. Mary's...not a lot of traffic on our side of Cherryfield Pt. and even less on the St. Mary's River side.

That said...a kayaker went missing last Saturday, the kayak floated up at Lundeberg School earlier today, and we're covered with search boats and a helicopter right now. Can't ever be too careful out there.

glhs837

Power with Control
That's one of the features I like most about living here at the mouth of the St. Mary's...not a lot of traffic on our side of Cherryfield Pt. and even less on the St. Mary's River side.

That said...a kayaker went missing last Saturday, the kayak floated up at Lundeberg School earlier today, and we're covered with search boats and a helicopter right now. Can't ever be too careful out there.

Always with a PFD, every time. Even though I'm a good swimmer trained up to Navy Class 2 standards, just as you say, no chances taken. Wife knows where I'm going, how long I'm going to be gone, and can use Google to find my phone which is always in a float bag.