BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BACKLASH: NFL Ratings Crash On Opening Night As Players Kneel During Anthem

The 2017 NFL season kicked off the same way the 2016 season ended — with players kneeling during the national anthem and viewers turning the game off. To make matters even worse for the NFL, some liberals are now calling for a boycott against the league until Colin Kaepernick gets a job.

The NFL’s season opener on Thursday night between the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots saw a 13% decline in viewership from last year’s opening game.

[clip]

A 2016 poll from Yahoo Sports revealed that 44% of NFL fans would give up watching professional football altogether if more players followed in Colin Kaepernick’s footsteps by disrespecting the flag.

Despite the anthem protests — which are supported almost exclusively by liberals and have little to no support from conservatives — the NFL is now under attack by the same liberals who divided the league in the first place.

Social justice warrior Shaun King is now calling for liberals to protest the NFL by not watching any games because of the NFL’s “mistreatment” of Colin Kaepernick — who is still unemployed — which King says is “wrong.”

Kaepernick was voted by fans as the most hated player in the NFL in 2016, and one NFL general manager said that 70% of NFL teams “genuinely hate him.”

:yay:

Good ... viewership drops, add revenue drops, over paid sports stars get pay cuts

Hijinx

You want real teams fit to root for go out to High School games. These NFL games are nothing but hired beef, they have no ties to the locality in which they play
Is isn't city pride in which locality can field the best team, it's which locality pays the most for their hired mercenaries.
Mercenaries who don't even care enough for the country that pays them to stand when the anthem is played.

If the NFL cannot straighten them out the fans can. Stay Home. Do something with the wife and kids that day.

Weems

You want real teams fit to root for go out to High School games. These NFL games are nothing but hired beef, they have no ties to the locality in which they play
Is isn't city pride in which locality can field the best team, it's which locality pays the most for their hired mercenaries.
Mercenaries who don't even care enough for the country that pays them to stand when the anthem is played.

If the NFL cannot straighten them out the fans can. Stay Home. Do something with the wife and kids that day.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway. But this is a opportunity to stroke their fragile egos and pretend they are doing something.

And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes?

Then what explains how HS lacrosse exists? ....or wrestling?...soccer?...field hockey?..

I smell a straw man burning.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
And BTW, you do realize if there were no NFL there would be no high school football, yes? You realize that these kids who play in high school have a dream of going pro, right. Because if not then there is absolutely no reason to play. Everyone wants a chance at the payday.

BullHockey....yes thats exactly why I played 6'1" 150lbs.......

Watching your posts, I think you are dumber than MR...........just sayin'

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway. But this is a opportunity to stroke their fragile egos and pretend they are doing something.

Why?? Why would you stand for anything you believe in, or do you not believe in anything other than being miserable and a bane on humanity??

I love the Patriots.. have been a life long (well since 1976) fan, but if I see ONE person from either team disrespecting MY country, MY flag, or MY anthem, screw them.. I'm not watching their game, I'm not watching their commercials, I'm not buying their tickets AND I'm not buying ANY of their merchandise..

Because if you're going to stand FOR something, what could possibly be more important then demanding respect for the country that gave you everything you have?

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

History much? HS football was being played long before the NFL.

SamSpade

I love football. Not enough to watch the draft, but enough to watch it all day. But if my favorite team starts kneeling, off they go.
They might as well come out in hoods and burning crosses. I'll be done with them. This kneeling thing to me is like pissing on the flag.

THINK you have that backwards. For one thing, there were people playing football in college and high school BEFORE the NFL and before there were paid athletes.
Secondly - you can't possibly be from the South, where high school football is often the biggest event in town and high school stadiums DWARF stadiums at small colleges.

You MIGHT make the case that without college football there MIGHT not be high school football, because they have similar pasts.
But you still don't get into the Ivy Leagues on athletic scholarships - and they STILL PLAY there.

Weems

Why?? Why would you stand for anything you believe in, or do you not believe in anything other than being miserable and a bane on humanity??

I love the Patriots.. have been a life long (well since 1976) fan, but if I see ONE person from either team disrespecting MY country, MY flag, or MY anthem, screw them.. I'm not watching their game, I'm not watching their commercials, I'm not buying their tickets AND I'm not buying ANY of their merchandise..

Because if you're going to stand FOR something, what could possibly be more important then demanding respect for the country that gave you everything you have?

You sound triggered, but your activism is positively adorable. I hope it works out for you. LOL.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I don't watch the NFL anymore. Has become too much like the NBA. Since the NFL is now over 70% black, it's kinda expected that black players would be causing all the problems. Who'd a thunk? Maybe they should play that county song at the opening as well, see if theses assvoids still take a knee?

[video=youtube;ox4IRQVGsBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox4IRQVGsBU[/video]

Hijinx

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would I boycott that which I enjoy? I'd wager the vast majority of the NFL "boycotters" never really watched anyway.

Fact is if you were a player you would be one of them taking the knee.