H+ Blamiing EVERYONE for Her LOSS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hillary Clinton believes that were it not for James Comey, Russia, Wikileaks, Facebook, fake news, voter ID laws, or America's "endemic" sexism and misogyny, she would currently be president of the United States.

In just under two minutes, Clinton rattled off eight separate excuses for losing the 2016 election.

Clinton claims that, "If the election were on October 27, I would be your president," singling out James Comey in particular for re-opening an investigation into her mishandling of classified material. (Others notably argue that Comey kept Clinton in the campaign by preemptively exonerating Clinton before the FBI had concluded its own investigation.)

"I went from 26 points ahead to 13 points ahead, and I needed about 18 points in order to be sure to win Pennsylvania," Clinton said of the impact of Comey's notorious letter explaining he was re-opening the investigation. "I watched how analysts who I have a great deal of respect for, like Nate Silver, burrowed into all the data and said that 'but for that Comey letter, she would have won.'"

"So it was very personal to me," she said in an interview with CBS's Jane Pauley. "I think my general election prospects were badly damaged because of that, so that even though I was starting to come back, it was not enough time to overcome it."

https://news.grabien.com/story-two-minutes-clinton-blames-comey-russia-wikileaks-facebook-v

SamSpade

You know, from hearing their self-description, you'd think a Hillary win was a slam-dunk. They had all the money, finances and the polls said she'd win in a HUGE landslide.

And *SOMEHOW* - the entire voting public - or at least, the ones in about 7 or 8 swing states - all turned on her all at once.

Her whole campaign was hinging on "I'm a woman - it's my turn - and I'm not Donald Trump".
Can ANYONE name a SINGLE issue that she promoted? Free college? Nope, that was Bernie. What did she run on?

I'm sorry, but if you're up by a couple touchdowns in the last two minutes - and you LOSE - you suck.
The fact is, the polls were wrong. Nate Silver - was wrong. I've seen election cycle after another, and it is amazing how often some polls, especially in given states, are just way off.
They ALWAYS miscalculate the independent vote and the undecideds. Did they consider that THIS time around, after repeatedly vilifying Trump supporters - that maybe people just didn't want to publicly mention their vote, for being screamed at and bullied? After so many saying if you're a Trump voter, you're a racist and so forth - that maybe they just didn't all want to be honest about it? Because you could NOT admit it without being excoriated and insulted.

Here's the bottom line - the Progressives believed they were running against a turd.
And the TURD won. THE - TURD - WON.

**WHAT** should that say about the Progressive candidate?

A mature and rational person should self-examine and say - it's my fault. Not Hillary. Years ago it was the "vast right-wing conspiracy".
The blame game has never ended.

What do YOU think of people in your life who ONLY find others to blame when they fail?

Clem72

Her prospects were likely more damaged by her illegal acts then anything Comey wrote about the investigation of those acts.

SamSpade

Her prospects were likely more damaged by her illegal acts then anything Comey wrote about the investigation of those acts.

Did Comey call Hillary "an unindicted co-conspirator"? What exactly was SO DAMAGING about what Comey did that derailed two years of campaigning?

He hinted there might be more to it - and that he was investigating it.

Now - if you were PLANNING to vote for Hillary and had said you were voting for her for the previous year - and Comey comes out and says "know what? maybe there's something there" - what in the world is going to make you jump ship to Trump, or stay home, or vote third party (numbers don't suggest any of that happened, but)?

The gist of it is - not SURE - MAYBE - we'll check it out. There was no damning evidence.
But she is suggesting the mere suspicion of wrongdoing caused enough to jump ship.

Wow. That's some party loyalty there. Trump says all kinds of crude locker room talk and his voters stay. Someone HINTS Hillary might be a crook and the rats leave the ship.

They leave the ship because deep inside they suspect it's true. It's like voting for someone you *suspect* is organized crime. ONE HINT and you're gone.

Sorry, but blaming Comey is actually saying worse things about people who support her.
It means they were never FOR her.

SamSpade

The funniest part is she also blames the Electoral College like it's something new
And this election DOES in fact show a fact why I like to KEEP the Electoral College.

In most elections you will find a lot of stability in some states' votes. Some of reliably Democrat, some reliably Republican.
The last three showed that divide clearly. There weren't a lot of "squeaker" states in 2004, 2008 and 2012.
There also weren't a lot of states where someone won with less than 50% of the vote.
Hillary won a lot of "extra" votes in California. ~ 4.5 million votes more than needed to win. Highest percentage than any other state.
And as far as I can tell, with a higher percentage of Californians than any Democrat in history, including Obama and even when Johnson slaughtered Goldwater.
THAT is where she gets the "popular vote" win.

The way things work, if every voter in California had voted for her, it would still come out the same.
We all know this - we know if we vote Republican in a state that always goes Democrat, our vote pretty much counts for nothing.
But she likes to say "I got the popular vote" because a few MILLION more in just California voted for her.

The Electoral College keeps it so one whole state can't dominate the elections. When it was formed, it was feared that VIRGINIA would dominate every election,
by virtue of the fact that just as California has a huge population advantage, so did Virginia at the time. They were concerned that only Virginians would be elected.
(As it so happens - six of the first 10 were from Virginia anyway). They also suspected that there were be many candidates hailing from their own native state.
An Electoral College ensured that anyone who won would have to have support elsewhere than the place they came from.

Nowadays, it prevents something else. It won't happen anytime soon but - if a HUGE portion of all the major population states always voted one way - the
rest of the country wouldn't matter at all. There WAS a time when Texas always went Democrat. They voted VERY heavily for Roosevelt. Only once less than 80%.
Imagine if a popular vote elected a President, and Texas, California, New York, Florida and Illinois could all reliably vote very heavily Democrat - the rest of the nation wouldn't matter.

ANYWAY - her overwhelming win in California was the only thing giving her the "popular" vote, and frankly, I think even beating Obama and Johnson strikes me as - weird.

Hijinx

And this election DOES in fact show a fact why I like to KEEP the Electoral College.

In most elections you will find a lot of stability in some states' votes. Some of reliably Democrat, some reliably Republican.
The last three showed that divide clearly. There weren't a lot of "squeaker" states in 2004, 2008 and 2012.
There also weren't a lot of states where someone won with less than 50% of the vote.
Hillary won a lot of "extra" votes in California. ~ 4.5 million votes more than needed to win. Highest percentage than any other state.
And as far as I can tell, with a higher percentage of Californians than any Democrat in history, including Obama and even when Johnson slaughtered Goldwater.
THAT is where she gets the "popular vote" win.

The way things work, if every voter in California had voted for her, it would still come out the same.
We all know this - we know if we vote Republican in a state that always goes Democrat, our vote pretty much counts for nothing.
But she likes to say "I got the popular vote" because a few MILLION more in just California voted for her.

The Electoral College keeps it so one whole state can't dominate the elections. When it was formed, it was feared that VIRGINIA would dominate every election,
by virtue of the fact that just as California has a huge population advantage, so did Virginia at the time. They were concerned that only Virginians would be elected.
(As it so happens - six of the first 10 were from Virginia anyway). They also suspected that there were be many candidates hailing from their own native state.
An Electoral College ensured that anyone who won would have to have support elsewhere than the place they came from.

Nowadays, it prevents something else. It won't happen anytime soon but - if a HUGE portion of all the major population states always voted one way - the
rest of the country wouldn't matter at all. There WAS a time when Texas always went Democrat. They voted VERY heavily for Roosevelt. Only once less than 80%.
Imagine if a popular vote elected a President, and Texas, California, New York, Florida and Illinois could all reliably vote very heavily Democrat - the rest of the nation wouldn't matter.

ANYWAY - her overwhelming win in California was the only thing giving her the "popular" vote, and frankly, I think even beating Obama and Johnson strikes me as - weird.

She never should have been picked by the Democrats to be their candidate.
Bernie voters got screwed and they knew it. Pissed a lot of them off.
She is a crook, and despite the fact that most politicians are crooks. she stood head and shoulders above them.
She lied---and lied---and lied. No one likes to be lied to.
She took for granted that anyone who voted for her was an idiot.
She didn't work for the job, she acted like it was hers by default.

Last but not least she is a reprehensible human being.

littlelady

God bless the USA
She never should have been picked by the Democrats to be their candidate.
Bernie voters got screwed and they knew it. Pissed a lot of them off.
She is a crook, and despite the fact that most politicians are crooks. she stood head and shoulders above them.
She lied---and lied---and lied. No one likes to be lied to.
She took for granted that anyone who voted for her was an idiot.
She didn't work for the job, she acted like it was hers by default.

Last but not least she is a reprehensible human being.

You summed it up, nicely.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AND she blames Bernie Sanders, after she and the DNC screwed him out of the nomination. That takes some brass, man.

SamSpade

AND she blames Bernie Sanders, after she and the DNC screwed him out of the nomination. That takes some brass, man.

And she insulted the vast swath of Trump voters. If there was anyone unsure of which side to choose, calling them deplorable kind of blew it entirely.
(THEN she "amended" her statement to say it was only HALF of them. Like anyone wants to be on the same side as millions of "deplorables". Yeah. THAT makes it *better*.)

But this is vintage Clinton. It's someone else's fault. Or it's the public's fault for not understanding their 'message'. (Like I'm NOW going to vote for someone who just called me stupid.)
The Brooklyn Dodgers used to say "Wait till NEXT year!". Hillary always blames others.

Wishbone

And she insulted the vast swath of Trump voters. If there was anyone unsure of which side to choose, calling them deplorable kind of blew it entirely.
(THEN she "amended" her statement to say it was only HALF of them. Like anyone wants to be on the same side as millions of "deplorables". Yeah. THAT makes it *better*.)
Actually watched part of an interview on that very subject.

She's not sorry for it and doubled down in the interview.

SamSpade

Actually watched part of an interview on that very subject.

She's not sorry for it and doubled down in the interview.

This kind of amazes me. Bill - for all his foibles and failings - was an excellent politician.
Bill would have found a way to apologize and still look good.

Hillary is every kind of awful. She has no speaking ability and no charisma.
She has no ability to inspire. Worse - she didn't run on ANYTHING.
She was a lackluster Senator and frequently found herself on the wrong side of an issue and had to make up reasons - like her vote for the war in Iraq.
She was a *terrible* Secretary of State, and I think her reset button with the Russians is not only hilariously stupid, but EASILY prepared for.
(Have you ever SEEN the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4 - it's hysterical. They "researched" the word. Couldn't they have just ASKED SOMEONE from Russia?).

The Benghazi thing was just typical of State Department failure - they were paying al-Qaeda to turn in guns and funneling them to Syrian rebels.
They made up a story, sent some poor schmuck to jail, and then lied about it. And I am convinced they did not send in troops because they didn't want the truth to get out.
They were willing to let men die rather than expose what they were up to.

I find no redeeming quality in this woman. I have her "Living History" - where she actually makes up a scene when she FINDS OUT that Bill was boinking the help.
And she was shocked! Dick Morris would later write a book called "Rewriting History" about that book.

And don't even get me started on the Clinton Foundation, Haiti or go back to the Rose Law firm and so forth.
I wouldn't say she is the most corrupt politician we have now, but she is the most corrupt one who holds as high a profile.

As I said previously - she ran against someone SO VERY HATED by so much of the country - and STILL managed to lose to him.
If you lose a beauty contest to a wart hog, either people hate you or you really are uglier than a wart hog.

Wishbone

I agree, she has no political acumen whatsoever.

She may be the most "transparently" corrupt politician but I don't think shes the worst.

The snakes that keep the evidence well buried should hold that title.

Schumer, Reid, Rahm, Pelosi...