Liberal Reporter Fails Background Check…

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Memo to leftist new’s editors: those stories you keep writing where you send reporters to buy guns to prove…I don’t know, whatever you’re trying to prove? You may want to run your own background check on the reporter first. You know, to avoid the inevitable surgical removal of your foot, lodged forcibly into your own mouth. Also to prevent ours from being lodged forcibly up your ass. ObamaCare probably won’t cover that. Unless you’re a transgender something or other.

Just ask the Chicago Sun Times, who sent a reporter (who wrote this) to buy a gun, only to find out he wasn’t allowed to:

In an attempt to show how easy it is to buy a modern sporting rifle, Neil Steinberg, of the Chicago Sun-Times, was denied by the store owner’s because “it was uncovered that Mr. Steinberg has an admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife.”

Mr. Steinburg tried to allege that wasn’t the real reason. According to him it was because, “they knew I planned to immediately sell it back to them.”

He further complains that people who have yet to commit a crime, unlike him, are able to buy guns. “Would-be terrorists can buy guns…But reporters . . . that’s a different story.”

Liberal Reporter Tries to Buy Gun for ‘Gotcha!’ Piece. Fails Background Check…

:killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
Memo to leftist new’s editors: those stories you keep writing where you send reporters to buy guns to prove…I don’t know, whatever you’re trying to prove? You may want to run your own background check on the reporter first. You know, to avoid the inevitable surgical removal of your foot, lodged forcibly into your own mouth. Also to prevent ours from being lodged forcibly up your ass. ObamaCare probably won’t cover that. Unless you’re a transgender something or other.

Just ask the Chicago Sun Times, who sent a reporter (who wrote this) to buy a gun, only to find out he wasn’t allowed to:

In an attempt to show how easy it is to buy a modern sporting rifle, Neil Steinberg, of the Chicago Sun-Times, was denied by the store owner’s because “it was uncovered that Mr. Steinberg has an admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife.”

Mr. Steinburg tried to allege that wasn’t the real reason. According to him it was because, “they knew I planned to immediately sell it back to them.”

He further complains that people who have yet to commit a crime, unlike him, are able to buy guns. “Would-be terrorists can buy guns…But reporters . . . that’s a different story.”

Liberal Reporter Tries to Buy Gun for ‘Gotcha!’ Piece. Fails Background Check…

:killingme

Seems it should be easy for him to find some would be terrorist to go prove his point for him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It seems hilarious to me that Murder Capital Chicago would send one of their newspaper reporters to prove how easy guns are to get from a gun dealer, yet ignore the fact that the most prevalent murderers in their city don't purchase their guns legally.

This_person

It seems hilarious to me that Murder Capital Chicago would send one of their newspaper reporters to prove how easy guns are to get from a gun dealer, yet ignore the fact that the most prevalent murderers in their city don't purchase their guns legally.

But, that's not their point. Their point isn't about who is using guns, it is that the guns are the problem. They don't have a problem with Chicago's gun laws per se, they believe illegal guns are entering Chicago from areas nearby where guns are too easy to get.

The fact that there is no such thing as a gun-show loophole doesn't matter, people talk about it like it exists. The fact that registered gun owners account for about 1% of all gun crimes doesn't matter - guns are too easy to obtain legally.

Facts don't matter, as seen by the spin "Would-be terrorists can buy guns…But reporters . . . that’s a different story.”

black dog

Free America
But, that's not their point. Their point isn't about who is using guns, it is that the guns are the problem. They don't have a problem with Chicago's gun laws per se, they believe illegal guns are entering Chicago from areas nearby where guns are too easy to get.

The fact that there is no such thing as a gun-show loophole doesn't matter, people talk about it like it exists. The fact that registered gun owners account for about 1% of all gun crimes doesn't matter - guns are too easy to obtain legally.

Facts don't matter, as seen by the spin "Would-be terrorists can buy guns…But reporters . . . that’s a different story.”

Do you know what the " gunshow loophole " is?
Private transfers without background checks of hand and long guns is the gunshow loophole.
At least 32 Free States have private transfers that are done without a background / nics check.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Private transfers without background checks of hand and long guns is the gunshow loophole.
At least 32 Free States have private transfers that are done without a background / nics check.

:yay:

indeed the loop hole is a private citizen selling his personal property to another private citizen
[not stolen property]

Gun haters want ALL transfers recorded for later confiscation
[yes that is my tinfoil take on the matter]

Wishbone

indeed the loop hole is a private citizen selling his personal property to another private citizen
[not stolen property]

Gun haters want ALL transfers recorded for later confiscation
[yes that is my tinfoil take on the matter]

no tinfoil hat required. History shows that's Exactly how it's always used.

California or NY will be the first to demonstrate it here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
no tinfoil hat required. History shows that's Exactly how it's always used.

California or NY will be the first to demonstrate it here.

already demonstrated in NY and Califuku ...
oh we are banning X weapon, turn it in or else
oh a doctor said you were a mental health risk, give me your firearms

black dog

Free America
You guys forget that you live in Maryland, and they started doing a 7 day mail in background check for handguns with the State Police in 1966. Two years before the 68 gun control act and about 11 years before ATF was put in place.

This_person

Can you show me the law that says, "if it's done at a gun show, it's legal, but nowhere else"?

No. Because there is no such thing as a gun show loophole. All sales at gun shows follow the exact same rules as if they were not done at a gun show.

black dog

Free America
Can you show me the law that says, "if it's done at a gun show, it's legal, but nowhere else"?

No. Because there is no such thing as a gun show loophole. All sales at gun shows follow the exact same rules as if they were not done at a gun show.

Negro Please, it's been called the gunshow loophole for years and years. It's another word for private transfers. Gazillion's of private transfers happen every weekend at gunshows across the country.

black dog

Free America
Negro Please, it's been called the gunshow loophole for years and years. It's another word for private transfers. Gazillion's of private transfers happen every weekend at gunshows across the country.

Edit.. We have the loophole here, I can get a handgun here in minutes off Craigslist or one of the gun forums.. Show a DL with no paperwork taken.. The way it should be.
It's a shame you don't have the loophole with handguns in Md.... :lmao:

This_person

Yes, private transfers. you know where else they happen - everyplace other than gun shows.

It's been called the gun show loophole, but there has never been such a thing.

black dog

Free America
Yes, private transfers. you know where else they happen - everyplace other than gun shows.

Not in the Great State of Maryland, gun show loopholes or private handgun transfer don't happen without a ffl involved, Since what 96 or so..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Again, I ask you what the difference is for a private transfer at a gun show or anywhere else. Your only honest answer is, "nothing".

are you intentionally belaboring the point :jameo:

Negro Please, it's been called the gunshow loophole for years and years. It's another word for private transfers.

you said private gun sales ... black dog said private sales

YES TO PROGRESSIVES THAT WANT EVERY GUN SALE / TRANSFER LOGGED it is a loop hole ...... legally there is no definition

littlelady

God bless the USA
are you intentionally belaboring the point :jameo:

you said private gun sales ... black dog said private sales

YES TO PROGRESSIVES THAT WANT EVERY GUN SALE / TRANSFER LOGGED it is a loop hole ...... legally there is no definition

I just want to know why bd got away with saying....Negro, please. And, imo, our gov will never take our guns. That's all.