Hurricane Telethon Gets Political Right At The Start [VIDEO]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Singer Stevie Wonder kicked off Tuesday’s star studded Hand In Hand telethon to raise money for hurricane recovery by getting political. Wonder started the show by saying, “Anyone who believes that there’s no such thing as global warming must be blind or unintelligent.”

The Hand In Hand telethon was run on every broadcast network to benefit victims of hurricanes Harvey, which devastated the Houston area, and Irma, which slammed Florida over the weekend. The event mirrors past telethons for natural disasters.

[clip]

UPDATE:

Wonder wasn’t the only participant who got political during the telethon. Singer Beyoncé contributed a video that started, “During a time when it’s impossible to watch the news without seeing violence or racism in this country. Just when you think it couldn’t possibly be worse, natural disasters take precious life, do massive damage, and forever change lives.”

Continuing, Beyoncé said, “The effects of climate change are playing out around the world everyday.” She then implied that climate change was behind the hurricanes, a monsoon in India and the recent earthquake in Mexico.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Singer Stevie Wonder kicked off Tuesday’s star studded Hand In Hand telethon to raise money for hurricane recovery by getting political. Wonder started the show by saying, “Anyone who believes that there’s no such thing as global warming must be blind or unintelligent.”

The Hand In Hand telethon was run on every broadcast network to benefit victims of hurricanes Harvey, which devastated the Houston area, and Irma, which slammed Florida over the weekend. The event mirrors past telethons for natural disasters.

[clip]

UPDATE:

Wonder wasn’t the only participant who got political during the telethon. Singer Beyoncé contributed a video that started, “During a time when it’s impossible to watch the news without seeing violence or racism in this country. Just when you think it couldn’t possibly be worse, natural disasters take precious life, do massive damage, and forever change lives.”

Continuing, Beyoncé said, “The effects of climate change are playing out around the world everyday.” She then implied that climate change was behind the hurricanes, a monsoon in India and the recent earthquake in Mexico.

Beyoncé is disgusting, and gets too much hype. And, yeah, climate change has been on Earth since the beginning of time. Poor dinosaurs. I hope Beyoncé goes with them. She needs to be petrified, so she will shut up. And, who really cares what she says; anyway?

It is people like her that have made millions living in a capitalist country that have no basis to be criticizing it. She is disgusting; not to mention being a hypocrite. Hypocrites seem to be the current people of the day. God bless hard working Americans, and those that struggle to survive on their own merit.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
The poor quality of their education shines like a candle in the wind.

The thing is that entertainers did not have to worry about education. The thing WE need to be worried about is what our children are being taught when we can't be there, unless you homeschool, but, I don't know if that really makes a difference.

Hijinx

I don't have a problem with accepting Climate Change. I don't have a problem with Global warming.

My problem comes when they try to blame it on human beings.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't have a problem with accepting Climate Change. I don't have a problem with Global warming.

That is how you know our World has gone insane. There are no words to describe what is being said anymore...whether it be climate change, racism, nationalism, getting a coffee at Starbucks, worrying about terrorists amongst us, whether our prez is worthy of the office, watching Hillary make a fool of herself, wondering about the integrity of our FBI, hoping no more patriots die in the ME. I know I left a lot out. I would appreciate if anyone else can fill in my blanks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I don't have a problem with climate change - it's a fact that the climate changes.

I don't have a problem with global warming - the climate changes and has done so since the beginning of time.

My problem is when they try to pretend they can "fix" it. Do something about it. Really, Beyonce? You think you're so powerful and all that that you can change the freaking climate??? You think that if everyone recycled and drove a Prius you can change the freaking Earth???

I can;t decide whether these people are stupid or just massive egomaniacs.

Hijinx

Maybe that's why they only raised $14 Million.

14 million dollars is a nice piece of change , and I am sure many compassionate people who don't agree with the BS Beyonce and Stevie Wonder put out contributed to the fund.
America is filled with compassionate people. Even the dipsticks who politicised the thing are compassionate./ Politically full of sh1t, but compassionate.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We made it 30 seconds..

You want me to donate to your cause, your strategy is to call me an idiot??

Because there were NO Hurricanes until Gore told us about Global Warming, MAN Made Global Warming??

Screw you.. Northern Law was on.

luvmygdaughters

I watched it and did contribute. The BS that Beyonce was spewing made me laugh my a$$ off! The planes, cars, RV's, etc that these bunch of so called "celebrities" use to travel to their shows is unbelievable; yet, they are telling us about global warming and climate change and what we need to do to stop it???? Give me a break!!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The crawler at the bottom of The Weather Channel screen this morning said $14 Million.

That's what was pledged.. after their great opening I'm sure the only people pledging were enviro-whackos trying to send a statement.. who knows if they will actually collect even half of that.

I

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I watched it and did contribute. The BS that Beyonce was spewing made me laugh my a$$ off! The planes, cars, RV's, etc that these bunch of so called "celebrities" use to travel to their shows is unbelievable; yet, they are telling us about global warming and climate change and what we need to do to stop it???? Give me a break!!!!

With the idiots running the show, and the crap spewing out of their mouths.. how can you be sure WHERE your money is going??

I'd be curious to see an accounting of where the 14M (if they in fact actually get 14M) goes..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm still waiting for the news reports of the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, India, Russia, Ethiopia, Etc. Etc. Etc. on how much each country donated, and their shipment, and quantity, of supplies sent by military aircraft, for the hurricane relief. Yup, still waiting.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

*enviro-whacko*