Caged Toddlers

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Two of her five children were kept in cribs with lids screwed on to the top from which they could not escape...All were living in unwholesome and unsafe surroundings covered with filth, dirty diapers, lice and insect bites...In the bedroom where the three younger children slept, she found the 2- and 3-year children in separate cribs with tops that were affixed with multiple screws. She said the tops appeared to be made from the side rails of other cribs, making them into cages.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/mom-kept-toddlers-in-makeshift-cages-police-say/474119806

It gets worse. Absolutely appalling.

Last edited:

Wishbone

Cleanliness aside, I cant' get too upset about the lids on the cribs thing.

I've known more than one set of parents whose children belonged in a cage.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You can buy cribs with a lid for hospital use. The use of that by itself doesn't indicate abuse.

Did you read the story? I think there was definitely abuse. Or maybe it was just neglect, I dunno'. I don't practice either.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
:faint:

Attachments

• 2017-09-13_11-02-06.jpg
    2017-09-13_11-02-06.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 244

officeguy

Did you read the story? I think there was definitely abuse. Or maybe it was just neglect, I dunno'. I don't practice either.

I did read the article. The abuse and neglect is the problem, not the fact that someone built a secured crib for a toddler. The 'cages for kids' thing is just a way for the author to increase the likelihood that his article gets re-tweeted. Child abuse by itself won't create shares on social media.

Hijinx

I did read the article. The abuse and neglect is the problem, not the fact that someone built a secured crib for a toddler. The 'cages for kids' thing is just a way for the author to increase the likelihood that his article gets re-tweeted. Child abuse by itself won't create shares on social media.

Maybe this article should be retweeted. No child should have to live like that.