Young Girl Injured By Foul Ball

b23hqb

PREMO Member
This comment by Twins player made me think "Well, I guess I'll just not give a crap about attending another MLB game.

"We've been trying to get these teams to put nets up," Dozier said. "Number one, you don't bring kids down there. And number two, every stadium needs to have nets. That's it. I don't care about the damn view of the fan or what. It's all about safety. I still have a knot in my stomach."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ar-AAsh4zQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Sorry, Dozier. As a fan, I certainly care about my physical view of the game that I/we pay lots of $$$ to see and help pay your salary. Maybe you should just quit playing such a dangerous game yourself.

JMHO. If parents take their kids down there, they should be 100% alert to protect their young kids. Every pitch. That's on parents, not baseball.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We have taken our boys to Hershey Bears hockey games since they were toddlers. I worry about pucks coming over the glass into the seats but it's just something in the back of my mind. When there was a minor league hockey team (Chesapeake Icebreakers) playing at the Show Place Arenas, a man got hit with a puck. They took him down to the team locker room and stitched him up and he was back in no time.

transporter

This comment by Twins player made me think "Well, I guess I'll just not give a crap about attending another MLB game.

"We've been trying to get these teams to put nets up," Dozier said. "Number one, you don't bring kids down there. And number two, every stadium needs to have nets. That's it. I don't care about the damn view of the fan or what. It's all about safety. I still have a knot in my stomach."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ar-AAsh4zQ?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

Sorry, Dozier. As a fan, I certainly care about my physical view of the game that I/we pay lots of $$$ to see and help pay your salary. Maybe you should just quit playing such a dangerous game yourself.

JMHO. If parents take their kids down there, they should be 100% alert to protect their young kids. Every pitch. That's on parents, not baseball.

Aren't you the same putz who just 2 or 3 days ago was whining because he can't afford tix to a game?

BTW...In case you hadn't noticed...this story wasn't about you or what you "think". A ballplayer has a decent human moment expressing concern for a little kid, knowing that it could have been his foul ball that injured her and all you can do is criticize him? Please...pack your sh*t up and get out...just take your ignorant azz and go.

terbear1225

I don't care how "100% alert" you are, you really think you can stop a projectile going 105mph from hitting something/someone?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't care how "100% alert" you are, you really think you can stop a projectile going 105mph from hitting something/someone?

Yes - especially if it is coming right at you or your child. Have taken my kids as youngsters and grandkids to games since they were born, usually sitting just past the dugouts on either side of the field. I paid, and still do, attention to every pitch thrown. Anybody with any kind of synaptic activity in their brain should do the same.

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Aren't you the same putz who just 2 or 3 days ago was whining because he can't afford tix to a game?

BTW...In case you hadn't noticed...this story wasn't about you or what you "think". A ballplayer has a decent human moment expressing concern for a little kid, knowing that it could have been his foul ball that injured her and all you can do is criticize him? Please...pack your sh*t up and get out...just take your ignorant azz and go.

Who are you, and no, I have not complained about prices for going to any kind of sporting event. You're thinking of somebody else, so look into it. And again - the player stated he doesn't care about the view of the fan that pays his salary, not just opinion, but physical sight lines. I simply gave a fans' opinion of who can or cannot tell me what to say about the game.

18 whole posts, eh? were you somebody else in the past on this board?:howdy:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I'm pretty sure if you take a poll here about someone having to take their ignorant azz away, the results are going to go against you in a landslide. Want to put it to the test? We can have a poll up in just a couple of minutes.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We have taken our boys to Hershey Bears hockey games since they were toddlers. I worry about pucks coming over the glass into the seats but it's just something in the back of my mind. When there was a minor league hockey team (Chesapeake Icebreakers) playing at the Show Place Arenas, a man got hit with a puck. They took him down to the team locker room and stitched him up and he was back in no time.

I used to sit on occasion at Lightning NHL games about halfway up behind the goals when they just had the extended plexiglass behind the end of the rinks. Plenty of pucks came over and into the crowd, but i personally never saw anyone get injured, but it does happen. Since that incident in Columbus, I believe, a number of years back, and they extended netting that completely negated any pucks from getting into the stands, I won't sit there. I just like to have an unobstructed view for the money I pay to sit there. I now prefer upper deck, lower rows, where you still get a great view of the action with no netting in your way. My personal preference, of course.

You had better be alert, because you never know when a puck or ball could be heading your way.

I wonder if this newbie transporter has ever been to any kind of a game.

Hank

my war
I used to sit on occasion at Lightning NHL games about halfway up behind the goals when they just had the extended plexiglass behind the end of the rinks. Plenty of pucks came over and into the crowd, but i personally never saw anyone get injured, but it does happen. Since that incident in Columbus, I believe, a number of years back, and they extended netting that completely negated any pucks from getting into the stands, I won't sit there. I just like to have an unobstructed view for the money I pay to sit there. I now prefer upper deck, lower rows, where you still get a great view of the action with no netting in your way. My personal preference, of course.

You had better be alert, because you never know when a puck or ball could be heading your way.

I wonder if this newbie transporter has ever been to any kind of a game.

I saw a chick get pummeled by a puck years ago (before netting), just a few rows over from me. Bloody mess. Poor thing!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I saw a chick get pummeled by a puck years ago (before netting), just a few rows over from me. Bloody mess. Poor thing!

It happens. I'm sure she was looking at her phone or chatting it up with someone beside her. I've caught a few foul balls and one puck over the decades. Gotta watch out, and be aware of your location at all times.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'm pretty sure if you take a poll here about someone having to take their ignorant azz away, the results are going to go against you in a landslide. Want to put it to the test? We can have a poll up in just a couple of minutes.

:yay:

Last edited: