It Has Turned into Trump Sod Off ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But what are they protesting? It started with Colin Kaepernick protesting "racial inequality" and "police brutality." Does anyone, including the players, have any specific incident or policy he wishes to protest? They just mouth generalities. What have they accomplished by their kneeling, besides alienating the fans? Have they helped anyone?

It seems the kneeling has developed into an anti-Trump gesture, with over 200 players taking a knee or sitting down on Sunday, September 24. The flag is a proxy for our country, which some of the players apparently do not like. To others, the flag is a proxy for Trump, whom they do not like.

The players, owners, and the NFL paid sportscasters have unified to attack Trump because Trump said the owners should fire whoever takes a knee during the Anthem. The attacks on Trump question why he criticized the players because they have a right to exercise their opinion. Evidently, the players believe they have a right to exercise their opinions, but Trump and those who agree with Trump do not have the right to exercise their opinion to disagree with the players.

NFL players and owners can't take criticism

Chris0nllyn

But what are they protesting? It started with Colin Kaepernick protesting "racial inequality" and "police brutality." Does anyone, including the players, have any specific incident or policy he wishes to protest? They just mouth generalities. What have they accomplished by their kneeling, besides alienating the fans? Have they helped anyone?

It seems the kneeling has developed into an anti-Trump gesture, with over 200 players taking a knee or sitting down on Sunday, September 24. The flag is a proxy for our country, which some of the players apparently do not like. To others, the flag is a proxy for Trump, whom they do not like.

The players, owners, and the NFL paid sportscasters have unified to attack Trump because Trump said the owners should fire whoever takes a knee during the Anthem. The attacks on Trump question why he criticized the players because they have a right to exercise their opinion. Evidently, the players believe they have a right to exercise their opinions, but Trump and those who agree with Trump do not have the right to exercise their opinion to disagree with the players.

NFL players and owners can't take criticism

Shocker. Trump's comments drove them to do it. This is something that some peopel have a problem understanding.

This is a good point:
Does anyone, including the players, have any specific incident or policy he wishes to protest? They just mouth generalities. What have they accomplished by their kneeling, besides alienating the fans? Have they helped anyone?

No, Nothing, and No.

Which is my point in another thread. This, like most social "issues" would have faded away into nothing but has been popped back into the spotlight by a President determined to make enemies wherever he goes. What brought on Trump's comments? Why did Trump mention the NFL or the kneeling thing? Why did Trump equate them kneeling because of perceived racial injustices (something that was admitted in this article) to them hating the flag? Numerous players have said they don't hate this country, or its military members, but are kneeling because of what they feel, but since Trump told his supporters these people hate the flag, they believe it.

Chris0nllyn

I see you are still stuck on stupid. When someone shows you proof that this issue had not been put to rest, why do you refuse to believe it?

You cannot say the handful of players who were kneeling before this were geting near the amount of spotlight they are now. I never said it was over (something you can't seem to fathom), just that it would eventually have ended.

That's simply not true. Owners were not out there kneeling with their players. Owners were not releasing statements before Trump's comments. The league was not issuing statements before Trump's comments. ESPN and NFL Network weren't spending ever waking minute discussing the kneeling/protests/etc. until after this weekend.

Because Trump.

These dudes have no game plan. They don't know what change to rally for. They don't even have a cohesive message outside of a broad "racial injustice" net so I believe this would have largely gone away absent a story or two about the guy that started all this pops up. Remember when Tim Tebow was the NFL issue of the day? He's an afterthought now beside the media moves on to the next big headline they can talk to death.

Still waiting on that question.....

Chris0nllyn

:bs:

Players made their own choices to respond .... it is not about Racism but fork Trump

Dude, you posted a story saying the exact same thing I did.

The players were kneeling because of Trump's comments days before.

This is a point admitted by players, owners, and Goodell.

Chris0nllyn

Oh please. You're throwing up a strawman to deflect and redirect. And if I post my proof, you're not going to watch it anyway, so why should I bother?

:lol: Yea, that's it.

I said it was Trump's comment. You said I need better news sources because he was specifically asked about it.

Since when does Trump accept questions at his rallys?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since when does Trump accept questions at his rallys?

Since forever. People frequently shout out topics to him, and he goes with it. If you ever actually watched Trump's rally coverage instead of just relying on the progpress to tell you what happened, you would know that.

Chris0nllyn

Since forever. People frequently shout out topics to him, and he goes with it. If you ever actually watched Trump's rally coverage instead of just relying on the progpress to tell you what happened, you would know that.

I literally linked the video to his rally and you ask me if I watched it? How the hell do you think I knew where his comments started?

Did YOU watch it? Did YOU hear anyone yell out anything remotely close to the NFL kneeling thing?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I literally linked the video to his rally and you ask me if I watched it? How the hell do you think I knew where his comments started?

Did YOU watch it? Did YOU hear anyone yell out anything remotely close to the NFL kneeling thing?

If you watch his rally coverage, how do you not know that audience members frequently shout out topics to him and he takes it up and expands on it? The progpress likes to pretend that Trump is ADD and jumps around because he can't keep his mind on anything, but in fact he is responding to his audience.

If you actually watched any of it, you would know this.

And now I'm done arguing with you because it's officially boring and I have better things to do.

Chris0nllyn

If you watch his rally coverage, how do you not know that audience members frequently shout out topics to him and he takes it up and expands on it? The progpress likes to pretend that Trump is ADD and jumps around because he can't keep his mind on anything, but in fact he is responding to his audience.

If you actually watched any of it, you would know this.

And now I'm done arguing with you because it's officially boring and I have better things to do.

I've maybe seen a handful of times he expands on someone yelling, but expanding on comments isn't what you said and at this point it's clear you're too proud to admit you're wrong.

No one asked Trump a question, in this case. Trump brought it on himself and caused this next hub-bub because that's what he does. Our President's tweeting is nothing but a purposeful distraction.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
ChrisOnllyn How bout tiss. They kneel on their own time, one their own dime in their own hood!

Last edited:

Hijinx

Dude, you posted a story saying the exact same thing I did.

The players were kneeling because of Trump's comments days before.

This is a point admitted by players, owners, and Goodell.

If they are kneeling against the Anthem and the flag because of Trump then they really ARE a-hole
Obama wouldn't make me kneel against my countries flag if he held a gun on me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obama wouldn't make me kneel against my countries flag if he held a gun on me.

I wouldn't either. Saying that Trump forced them to disrespect their country is ridiculous, and just goes to show how far some will go to defend their heroes, the guys who play a stupid game for a living and beat their women during their off time.