Does the NFL hate America?

stgislander

PREMO Member

Chris0nllyn

The NFL is a collaboration of a number of different entities. It's not one single thing.

While some of the things they mention are ridiculous, and the NFL certianly has a penchant for unequally enforcing the rules they have, these players still agree to those rules.

#1 - Key word. "Threaten". The NFL did not end up fining players who wore 9/11 cleats. The league has uniform rules and these players broke them. They've since changed their uniform policy to allow charity or causes on their cleats (as long as the league approves it and cleats are auctioned off afterward)

If you're curious just how crazy their policy is, check this out: https://www.scribd.com/document/273...ft750noi&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate

#2 - 1986? This sort of makes sense. Football isn't NASCAR where athletes can wear company/sponsor logos.

#3 - Again. Stupid fine, but uniform policy enfraction. In 2015, DeAngleo Williams made $2 million and was fined $5,757.

#4 - Again. Stupid fine, but uniform policy.

#5 - Policy.

#6 - Policy

Do I have to keep going?

I think this is a good list that shows how unequal the NFL is at enforcing their own ####ty rules, but far from a list that proves the NFL "hates America",

Hank

my war
I think this is a good list that shows how unequal the NFL is at enforcing their own ####ty rules, but far from a list that proves the NFL "hates America",

All boils down to Goodell.... Goodell is just as bad if not worse than Bettman... And the thread/article title as well as BreitFart is just silliness.

Last edited:

Hijinx

All of this BS started when one half breed got laid by a Black Muslim piece of ass, and she poisoned his mind.

SamSpade

Well who makes the damned rules and why? Why is it so wrong to demonstrate gratitude to God, but ok to show disrespect for the national anthem and flag?
And if there ARE rules requiring respect for the flag and anthem, why is it ok to ignore enforcing them?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Another snowflake stands up to be recognized.

I don't think you understand the definition of snowflake in the politics of it all. Snowflake means brain dead, and baxter does not fit in that category, But, I am thinking you might be the right fit.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well who makes the damned rules and why? Why is it so wrong to demonstrate gratitude to God, but ok to show disrespect for the national anthem and flag?
And if there ARE rules requiring respect for the flag and anthem, why is it ok to ignore enforcing them?

:yay:

Chris0nllyn

The NFL makes the rules and the players (via their NFLPA union) agreed to them. It's not wrong to do so, but if your employer has rules and codes of conduct don't be surprised if there are repercussions for ignoring or breaking those rules.

There are not any rules on the flag and anthem. It's part of the operations manual and the key word "may" is in that rule.

Chris0nllyn

All boils down to Goodell.... Goodell is just as bad if not worse than Bettman... And the thread/article title as well as BreitFart is just silliness.

Goodell is a piece of #### who believes he's judge, jury, and executioner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Goodell is a piece of #### who believes he's judge, jury, and executioner.

Well, when it comes to the NFL, he is just that. Again, it's his right to allow or ban whatever he pleases. If fans don't like it, they should vote with their eyeballs and wallet. And even then Goodell might decide that losing money is preferable to appeasing the fans, which is also his right.

I give zero craps about overpaid primadonna thugs who think their illiterate ignorant selves are gods. I don't consider them heroes and am frequently appalled at their behavior. Most of them, if they weren't celebrities, you'd go out of your way to avoid them on the street. You certainly wouldn't invite them into your home, and if your daughter showed up with one of them and said, "This is mah boyfriend," you'd run him off quick. But because they play a professional sport, for some reason that excuses all manner of poor behavior that you'd never accept in anyone else.

I don't get it.

lovinmaryland

I really think some people who are trying to boycott the NFL are missing the point and not really helping their case any. Like praising Villanueva from the Steelers for being the only one to stand up to his team/nfl and making his jersey the #1 jersey. UHHHH who do you think is getting the money from that NFL jersey??? DUH!!! :dork: Then the dude goes out next day and apologizes for doing it.

Now theres this thing going around FB for everyone to turn off the game on NOV. 12 for Veterans Day...uhhh why wait to boycott til then??? :confused:

I just like getting together with family and friends, sharing food, having a good time. Its another reason to have a few cold beers with friends honestly, as if we really need an excuse for that! So I definitely don't have a problem not watching them... I just wonder if people turning off the games, burning tickets, jerseys, hats, etc... Is it going to have any affect? If so how long will it take? I personally don't think Goodell gives two ####s and he's gone to far to go back now. This whole situation reminds me of a teenager w/ parents. Your mom and dad say you shouldn't do something so what does that mean??? Of course you go out and do it.