'Uneducated' People Voted For Trump

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
LeBron James: 'Uneducated' People Voted For Trump
"I don’t think a lot of people was educated"

NBA all-star LeBron James seems unaware of the fact that insulting a large percentage of your fans as ignorant morons because of their political affiliations leads to ruin, a hard lesson that the NFL is very quickly realizing.

Showing solidarity with the social justice cause celebre of athletes kneeling during the national anthem, James hit President Trump on Twitter over the weekend for lambasting the protests and calling for boycotts against the NFL. However, his rhetoric against the President went a particularly ill-advised direction when he trashed his supporters during a press conference on Monday.

According to James, his home state of Ohio "made a mistake" voting for Trump because they were "uneducated."

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well, my first thought is that his grammar ain't so good. :lol: Shut up, LeBron. Good grief. Is this stupid crap going to end? Probably, not. God bless, America.

SamSpade

"LeBron also does not believe that kneeling for the National Anthem represents any sort of hostility against the United States or the troops, saying that it's not about "disrespect of the flag and our military and everybody who has made this world free. "

Fine. Then if I fly the Confederate flag, it's not an insult to black people either.

The left has made a big deal about being offended rather than the intent of the offense. Time to put their money where their mouth is.
If people OVERWHELMINGLY see it as an affront to the nation and the flag - then that is what it is.

Particularly telling was when they STOOD for God Save the Queen but knelt for the National Anthem.

Find something else to insult. As long as you're insulting the country, I refuse to listen.

Hijinx

If being educated means I would have voted for Hillary Clinton, I thank God my recognized education stopped at High School.
However education never stops and I have learned a few things over the years.

I didn't vote for Trump because I liked everything he said.
I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary.
I would do it again.

This man is a B-ball player who did not go to college because of his superior intelligence.
He got there because he played B-ball.
It shows on him.

transporter

"LeBron also does not believe that kneeling for the National Anthem represents any sort of hostility against the United States or the troops, saying that it's not about "disrespect of the flag and our military and everybody who has made this world free. "

Fine. Then if I fly the Confederate flag, it's not an insult to black people either.

The left has made a big deal about being offended rather than the intent of the offense. Time to put their money where their mouth is.
If people OVERWHELMINGLY see it as an affront to the nation and the flag - then that is what it is.

Particularly telling was when they STOOD for God Save the Queen but knelt for the National Anthem.

Find something else to insult. As long as you're insulting the country, I refuse to listen.

Three points:

1. This has nothing to do with kneeling anymore. This is the President deflecting attention from the news of his consistent failures and the news about all those in his admin using private email to do govt work. (Amazing that this still works...but sort of proves the Lebron's point doesn't it?)

2. Kapernick was disrespectful. However, the current stance by players is exactly what they should be doing in the face of federal government (you know The President) trying to curtail the free speech of citizens (Amazing that all you "liberty" and "tyranny" types don't get this.)

3. The OVERWHELMING majority of Americans, including NRA members want increased gun control...so based on your point we should have more gun control???

transporter

If being educated means I would have voted for Hillary Clinton, I thank God my recognized education stopped at High School.

I would do it again.

This man is a B-ball player who did not go to college because of his superior intelligence.
He got there because he played B-ball.
It shows on him.

Um...Lebron James went right from high school to the NBA.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
3. The OVERWHELMING majority of Americans, including NRA members want increased gun control...so based on your point we should have more gun control???

:bs:

Busting the 92 percent Myth:

Why Americans won’t Support or Vote for Background Checks

Americans were recently treated to skewed polling data claiming that 92% of all Americans support universal background checks -- a result which, if true, would mean that an overwhelming majority support the framework for a national gun registry.

But don’t believe it.These polls can’t be trusted for many reasons.

The same polls also purport to show that 74% of members of gun organizations support screening gun purchases -- and one poll commissioned by Bloomberg even found (supposedly) that 82% of NRA members support the background check and registries.

So both NRA and GOA did polls of their own members.

* NRA did a scientific survey of about 1,000 members and found that 5% of its members support the universal registry legislation.

* And GOA did a non-scientific poll of its members. After nearly 25,000 gun owners responded, GOA’s survey found that only 4% of its members supported “universal background checks.”

These poll results are significant as they show that the “mainstream” polls are about 70-80 percentage points off when they survey members of gun organizations.[1]

Which should make one wonder: if these polls can’t be trusted when they’re polling our members, then what makes you think they can be trusted when they’re polling the entire nation?

Additionally, a recent Quinnipiac poll found that, by a margin of 48-38%, Americans think background checks will lead to confiscation. And a CBS News poll found that only 47 percent of Americans want stricter gun control. So if that’s true, how is it that twice that number supposedly want background checks expanded? The numbers just don’t add up.

black dog

Free America
Three points:

1. This has nothing to do with kneeling anymore. This is the President deflecting attention from the news of his consistent failures and the news about all those in his admin using private email to do govt work. (Amazing that this still works...but sort of proves the Lebron's point doesn't it?)

2. Kapernick was disrespectful. However, the current stance by players is exactly what they should be doing in the face of federal government (you know The President) trying to curtail the free speech of citizens (Amazing that all you "liberty" and "tyranny" types don't get this.)

1. Post Trumps failures...

2. Kapernick was a dumbass, tats why hes unemployed now. Have you missed the part where he stated he would not have taken a knee in this season?

3. That's such bullsh!t, Post that factoid from one of the Pro gun organisations..

nutz

Three points:

Point 1: source?
Point 2: opinion of?
Point 3: Where did that come from?

SamSpade

Three points:

#3 is provably false, so I am not even going there.

#1 is your opinion - the PRESS ran away with this one, Trump made a comment and the media went nuts over it. He's been pretty busy with taxes, health care, Senator race, hurricanes and North Korea.

But #2 - where do you get the idea that he is curtailing free speech? It's his opinion and I agree with it. He's taken no action and there won't be any - FROM THE GOVERNMENT, which is the only entity the 1st Amendment protects us from. It does NOT protect your job if you insult your boss at work or do something they don't want done.

Apparently lefties think if the President tells someone "you gotta try this meatloaf" - it carries the force of law and is a command. He said they should be fired. I agree. So do a lot of Americans.

I'm not going to be campaigning for these nitwits to lose their job - but they don't get my support either. If they choose to make their point by insulting the flag and national anthem, then they don't get my support. To me it is the SAME as the Westboro Baptist Church protesting the funerals of veterans - because of homosexuality. It gets attention but it's wrong to do it. AND they have the right to do it.

My voice is also free. Freedom of speech DOESN'T mean I have to be quiet.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Three points:

I think you have your Presidents confused.. We all KNOW if this happened under Obama, and they criticized Obama they would all have the IRS climbing up their asses with a microscope..

NFL would be taken over by government appointed CEO's, and teams whose owners didn't align with Obama would be forced to close, either the AFC or the NFC would be sold to Italy (maybe Canada)..

I hope this helps in clarifying which President was truly anti-1A..

Unless you can point out a SINGLE case of where Trump has gone after any industry or individual that didn't support him, otherwise you're just full of ####.

Chris0nllyn

#1 is your opinion - the PRESS ran away with this one, Trump made a comment and the media went nuts over it. He's been pretty busy with taxes, health care, Senator race, hurricanes and North Korea.

FYI, many players and owners and even the league released statements specifically mentioning Trump's comments.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FYI, many players and owners and even the league released statements specifically mentioning Trump's comments.

So?

Are you saying that they are so immature that the only reason they did it is because Daddy said not to? I mean, I believe that is true, I'm just surprised you do.

Chris0nllyn

So?

Are you saying that they are so immature that the only reason they did it is because Daddy said not to? I mean, I believe that is true, I'm just surprised you do.

I can only believe what they say. Trump called them sons of bitches, they flubbed their noses and did it. If you pay attention to not only my post, but the one I'm replying to, you'll see that I was clarifying the idea that the media caused it.

Kids do it all the time and I'm surprised someone who believes these athletes are a bunch of immature, uneducated, thugs doesn't see it that way.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I can only believe what they say. Trump called them sons of bitches, they flubbed their noses and did it. If you pay attention to not only my post, but the one I'm replying to, you'll see that I was clarifying the idea that the media caused it.

Kids do it all the time and I'm surprised someone who believes these athletes are a bunch of immature, uneducated, thugs doesn't see it that way.

What else would you call somebody disrespecting the flag and our country, other than Son of a Bitch, or Democrat??

Chris0nllyn

What else would you call somebody disrespecting the flag and our country, other than Son of a Bitch, or Democrat??

I, for one, think the President should maybe have a bit bigger things going on than to worry about what NFL players are doing, let alone calling other Americans (whether he agrees with them or not) sons of bitches is petty and childish, but not surprising coming from him.

I think people disrespect the flag daily and, according to our flag code, especially on Independence Day.

I believe in freedom, for everyone, not just those I agree with.

Sapidus

I would do it again.

Every trump supporter i see on Facebook has no education past high school either.

Voting against somebody is dumber than not voting at all