Tom Petty on Life Support

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh no....damn. Just saw him in concert in Baltimore last July and he was so on top of his game. One of the best shows I've seen in recent years.

Sure hope he pulls through... ;-(

My heart is breaking....:ohwell:

UPDATE: We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

Last edited:
Tom Petty dead at 66
:frown:
Though Petty and his band debuted their first self-titled record in 1976, they continued to perform over the past four decades. Petty played his last show last Monday, performing three sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl to conclude their 40th anniversary tour.

"In December, Petty told Rolling Stone that he thought this would be the group's last tour together. He said, "It's very likely we'll keep playing, but will we take on 50 shows in one tour? I don't think so. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was thinking this might be the last big one. We're all on the backside of our sixties. I have a granddaughter now I'd like to see as much as I can. I don't want to spend my life on the road. This tour will take me away for four months. With a little kid, that's a lot of time."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He is timeless in my book... his music is on just about every mix tape, CD, MP3, iPod I own...:bawl:

I have a stack of his CDs on one of my boats...if it's not the Heartbreakers playing..its something from the Traveling Wilburys 4-CD set.. ;-(

Lilypad

I'm grateful his family actually honored his DNR...you'd be surprised how many relatives/family members don't.

Starman

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/20/tom-petty-died-of-accidental-drug-overdose.html

Tom Petty died last year because of an accidental drug overdose that his family said occurred on the same day he found out his hip was fully broken after performing dozens of shows with a less serious injury.

His wife and daughter released the results of Petty's autopsy via a statement Friday on his Facebook page, moments before coroner's officials in Los Angeles released their findings and the rocker's full autopsy report. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner's office earlier in the day that the overdose was due to a variety of medications.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I thought OD deaths were pretty much instantaneous. It seems he ODed then hung on for a bit longer until he gave up the ghost.