Flood

I took a pork loin out of the freezer for dinner. I always defrost meats in a big pot of cool water, takes a fraction of the time compared to letting sit on the counter, and I never microwave defrost.

Set the pot on the stove, put the loin in and started filling with water.

Popped my head in the fridge looking for a snack. Found 2 different kinds of string cheeze, decided to do a taste test. Grabbed an apple, sat down in front of the TV.

I hear an odd noise. Turned off the tv, strained to hear.

Then it hit me.... omg.

All I can say is: Thank Gawd for wet/dry vacs.

General Lee

So I'm racking my brain.... Pot is on the stove filling with water?? From a hose? Cuz I'm trying to figure out how you have water running over when its on the stove, unless you mean boiling water. Or you have a fancy faucet that reaches the stove....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I'm racking my brain.... Pot is on the stove filling with water?? From a hose? Cuz I'm trying to figure out how you have water running over when its on the stove, unless you mean boiling water. Or you have a fancy faucet that reaches the stove....

I took it to mean he started filling the pot with water, got distracted by cheese, and forgot to turn the water off once the pot was full. I think he has one of those pot filler water spigots by his stove.

So which strong cheese was better?

I have a fansy pot filler on the island next to the stove. It fills slow, so I start it and get back to it in a few minutes. I just plumb forgot to shut it off.

I prefer the Polly-O to Galbani. Polly-O is a bit more salted, Galbani is very good but is a bit more sour.

Just discovered the carpet in the basement under the kitchen was soaked too.... :ohwell:

Found a pic of the filler before the kitchen was done.

20160301_164039.jpg