Young Frankenstein

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Newtowne Players Present "Young Frankenstein"
Thurs - Sun; Now Through October 15

This musical was HILARIOUS! I've seen the movie several times, know all the jokes, and was still rolling. The cast is excellent, from the principles down the to ensemble players. Paul Rose as Igor steals the show with his unselfconscious mugging and comic timing, but look for the subtle hilarity of Matt Howe as Ziggy, a background player, as well. The female leads - Kristin Kauffman, Stacy Oosterink, and Sophie Campbell - are a joy to watch. Expressive and uninhibited in their roles, with big wonderful voices that hammer home their numbers. Jonathan Berry as Dr. Frankenstein and Chris Joyce as the Monster have a nice chemistry and play well off each other, and Berry has the best male voice I've ever heard in small theater. Dawn Weber directed, and if she also cast this show she needs to be doing it for a living - every player was spot on and perfect for their role.

Tonight's show sold out fast, and apparently that's the norm. So if you want to see it - and I highly recommend you do - visit https://www.newtowneplayers.org/young-frankenstein.html and get your tickets now.

I see most of the Newtowne Players shows because Stacy Oosterink is my very dear friend, and this is hands down the best one they've done so far. The show contains adult humor and is not intended for children or the easily offended, so keep that in mind.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Foxhound & I loved it, too, and we laughed the whole way through the show. It was very enjoyable* and I also felt it was the best production of theirs that I've seen. (I've seen 4 now)

*That's actually saying something, because I was coming down with the crud that's been passed around the schools, my office and the gym for the last 6 weeks. :ohwell: We'd already purchased the tickets 10 days ago, and I really didn't want to back out. So glad I didn't because, The Newtowne Players are that good and it was completely worth it. :yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The show contains adult humor and is not intended for children or the easily offended, so keep that in mind.

Oh, so what you are saying is that Inga didn't really want to roll in the hay, she wanted to Roll in the Hay.