If you have SMECO CoolSentry--look out for underpayment

imaref

I'm on the SMECO CoolSentry $50 program, where I get a $10 discount for 5 months each year. I noticed that on my August bill they applied a CoolSentry credit, but it was less than the agreed upon $10 amount. I figured it was because the billing cycle was for only 26 days and that they would make up for it the next month. NOPE.

Just called them and they gave me a credit for the difference. Not sure what caused it--was it systemwide or just a glitch on my particular bill, but if you have CoolSentry make sure that you've received the agreed upon discounts.

3CATSAILOR

I'm on the SMECO CoolSentry $50 program, where I get a $10 discount for 5 months each year. I noticed that on my August bill they applied a CoolSentry credit, but it was less than the agreed upon $10 amount. I figured it was because the billing cycle was for only 26 days and that they would make up for it the next month. NOPE.

Just called them and they gave me a credit for the difference. Not sure what caused it--was it systemwide or just a glitch on my particular bill, but if you have CoolSentry make sure that you've received the agreed upon discounts.

Funny how the "glitches" are always in their favor and not the other way around.

imaref

It was only a couple of dollars but it was the principle. Pays to look at bills from ALL vendors closely...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Once I found out about the program, I called and opted out.
Have new thermostats to install, SMECO can have theirs back if they want them; time is always off with no way of setting it, plus their temperature sensing is also inaccurate..