Found in the woods

softtouch

USMC KA-BAR knife. Is this military issue?

Attachments

• USMC KA-BAR knife 1.jpg
    USMC KA-BAR knife 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 542
  • USMC KA-BAR knife 2.jpg
    USMC KA-BAR knife 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 286

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My issued survival knife.

Attachments

• Survival Knife 1.jpg
    Survival Knife 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 252
  • SurvivaleKnife 2.jpg
    SurvivaleKnife 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 251

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
My Father gave this to me when I was flying.
It was issued to him when he flew.
Shroud cutter and switch blade combo.

Attachments

• Switch Blade 1.jpg
    Switch Blade 1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Switch Blade 2.jpg
    Switch Blade 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 234

black dog

Free America
My Father gave this to me when I was flying.
It was issued to him when he flew.
Shroud cutter and switch blade combo.

That's a nice MC1 Camillus, That's a hard earned knife to get..
Here's the Gerber my dad gave me before I went overseas.

Resized_20171027_230206.jpg

black dog

Free America
I had one of the original Gerber Mark II's, gave it to a college friend when he enlisted in the Army in the fall of 1979 and was headed for Ranger training.

Mine was bought in the summer of 1977..
My fathers has a gray handle that was bought in 67 or 68? He doesn't remember exactly.
My dad gave his to my son.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Mine was bought in the summer of 1977..
My fathers has a gray handle that was bought in 67 or 68? He doesn't remember exactly.
My dad gave his to my son.

Bought mine in the summer of 77, from a fellow who bought it in 67, carried it in service in Vietnam.
I figured, with its history, it would serve Rick better than me.

He was in the Army 20 years, spent most of the times in the Rangers or Special Forces.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
About a 5th of my collection of edged tools.
I've participated in historical recreation of many eras, and different personas, so I've accumulated axes, knives, swords, spears, maces and hammers, as well as armor.

Pip_Axes.jpg

black dog

Free America
Bought mine in the summer of 77, from a fellow who bought it in 67, carried it in service in Vietnam.
I figured, with its history, it would serve Rick better than me.

He was in the Army 20 years, spent most of the times in the Rangers or Special Forces.

That would have been a gray handle back then, like my father's.. my son tells me all the vintage MK11's are desirable by the collectors.. I hope your gift served him well, and he is doing well, mine did me.
My son reports to MCRD Parris Island this coming March, when he graduates I will give him one of the new ones in black stainless..

black dog

Free America
About a 5th of my collection of edged tools.
I've participated in historical recreation of many eras, and different personas, so I've accumulated axes, knives, swords, spears, maces and hammers, as well as armor.

View attachment 120325

That's awesome, One Conservation Club I belong to has a muzzle loader match each month in warm weather, they also do a knife and a hatchet throw..

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's awesome, One Conservation Club I belong to has a muzzle loader match each month in warm weather, they also do a knife and a hatchet throw..

I wrapped my "Hawk" handle with sinew to have a better grip, though, I prefer not throwing my weapons away. :wink:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I made this sword in 1983 from leaf spring stock as an accoutrement for the late 14th Century half Scot - half Welsh mercenary Archer I have portrayed since 1978.

Alasdair_Sword-1985-01.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That would have been a gray handle back then, like my father's.. my son tells me all the vintage MK11's are desirable by the collectors.. I hope your gift served him well, and he is doing well, mine did me.
My son reports to MCRD Parris Island this coming March, when he graduates I will give him one of the new ones in black stainless..

Rick has some after effects of his service, but last I heard is doing well physically.

Present respects to your son from this former USAF Staff Sergeant, who spent most of his time in combat engineering outfits.