Prediction for halloweeen

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Psycho special interest groups have ruined Halloween anyway. Fundie Christians having a fit about witches and devils; fundie progbots having a fit about Indians and Disney princesses; fundie food Nazis having a fit about treats.

They've totally sucked the fun out of Halloween.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We aren't handing out candy this year. We barely get a handful of kids stopping by

My 16 yr old son thought we were horrible people for not handing out candy so he went and got a large variety pack of candy. Only ended up getting 5 kids and they all came at one time.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Psycho special interest groups have ruined Halloween anyway. Fundie Christians having a fit about witches and devils; fundie progbots having a fit about Indians and Disney princesses; fundie food Nazis having a fit about treats.

They've totally sucked the fun out of Halloween.

And then you have the people in my neighborhood that a few years back decided we should all sit at the end of our driveways to hand out the candy.... "so the children don't have to walk that far" (Many of us are a couple hundred feet back off the road). My response to that was "O HELL NO!" Your taking all the fun out of it! And we haven't either.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I think a lot of parents with small kids are opting for Trunk or Treat events rather than traditional trick or treating.

Hannibal

I think a lot of parents with small kids are opting for Trunk or Treat events rather than traditional trick or treating.

We had kids bussed in ..... literally. And I'm actually fine with that. We're in a relatively new neighborhood and kids can't get to a lot of houses with a little bit of walking. The neighborhood was packed with kids and parents. Many houses were setup with tables in the driveways with fire pits and drinks, etc. It's a great time. I'd bet we had every bit of 200 kids come through. I was down to the small pieces of candy that had filtered themselves down to the bottom of the bucket.

RPMDAD

We only got about 30 kids this year, that is low for our neighborhood. We started setting up in the driveway several years ago because we didn't want people coming up to the door, which would drive the 3 dogs crazy. We have a short driveway.

Chris0nllyn

Parents are schlepping their kids to big neighborhoods. My neighborhood was dead, but you go to one of the high-end 'hoods in northern Calvert and the streets are full.

When I was a kid, we trick or treated for hours. It seems now they want to cram it all into an hour or 2 and be done.

When I was a kid, we trick or treated for hours. It seems now they want to cram it all into an hour or 2 and be done.

We started planing days in advance... the best route around town for maximum coverage, who has the best treats, who to avoid... we were out most of the night.