Right wing Blogger Jenna Abrams turns out to be Russian Trollfarm

Sapidus

This is only a small piece in the larger puzzle of Russia actively working to get Trump elected. They knew he would be less stable and it would lead to the rest of the world seeing us as a joke and the return to prominence of Russia and China

"Congressional investigators working with social media companies have since confirmed that Abrams wasn’t who she said she was.
Her account was the creation of employees at the Internet Research Agency, or the Russian government-funded “troll farm,” in St. Petersburg.
Jenna Abrams, the freewheeling American blogger who believed in a return to segregation and said that many of America’s problems stemmed from PC culture run amok, did not exist.
But Abrams got very real attention from almost any national news outlet you can think of, according to a Daily Beast analysis of her online footprint.

Abrams, who at one point boasted nearly 70,000 Twitter followers, was featured in articles written by Bustle, U.S. News and World Report, USA Today, several local Fox affiliates, InfoWars, BET, Yahoo Sports, Sky News, IJR, Breitbart, The Washington Post, Mashable, New York Daily News, Quartz, Dallas News, France24, HuffPost, The Daily Caller, The Telegraph, CNN, the BBC, Gizmodo, The Independent, The Daily Dot, The Observer, Business Insider, The National Post, Refinery29, The Times of India, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail, The New York Times, and, of course, Russia Today and Sputnik."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna...cess-duped-the-mainstream-media-and-the-world

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It appears you need to actually read the story, and then revise your headline.

That said, why is this a big deal? It's not like psycho trolls on the internet aren't a dime a dozen. Why is it of note that this one happens to be paid by the Russian government? Or are you just pissed because you do this crap for free when you could have been getting a few rubles for your trouble?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Never heard of her.

Which begs the question:

With x-million people blathering on social media, how did this particular blatherer become famous? (I'd never heard of her, either, but according to the story she's been featured and re-tweeted in other media.) So why her? Why not me, or Gilligan, or Gurps, or Sapidus, or Transwhatever? Why not Sam Spade?

Or maybe that's what happened to Larry Gude - he needed a job; Russians needed someone to spew leftwing discontent?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
U.S. News and World Report,
USA Today, several local Fox affiliates,
InfoWars,
BET,
Yahoo Sports,
Sky News,
IJR,
Breitbart,
The Washington Post,
Mashable,
New York Daily News,
Quartz,
Dallas News,
France24,
HuffPost,
The Daily Caller,
The Telegraph,
CNN,
the BBC,
Gizmodo,
The Independent,
The Daily Dot,
The Observer,
Business Insider,
The National Post,
Refinery29,
The Times of India,
BuzzFeed,
The Daily Mail,
The New York Times,
..... of course, Russia Today and Sputnik."

gee a broad selection of Right and Left News / Web Sites .....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Which begs the question:

With x-million people blathering on social media, how did this particular blatherer become famous?

and the report on 'fake news' on Facebook amounted to less then a a couple of hundred views per story

(I'd never heard of her, either, but according to the story she's been featured and re-tweeted in other media.) So why her? Why not me, or Gilligan, or Gurps, or Sapidus, or Transwhatever? Why not Sam Spade?

Or maybe that's what happened to Larry Gude - he needed a job; Russians needed someone to spew leftwing discontent?

:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wonder if DailyBeast is paid for by the Russians? They spew an awful lot of disinformation. As does CNN.

It's also interesting how these media outlets are constantly reporting on each other. Some tweet or FB post that nobody saw gets blown up in the media and made an enormous deal out of.

They also report each others' bogus stories, as in CNN will "report" that such and such happened according to a story in the WashPo, and blow it all up.

At what point is anything real anymore?

Last edited:

Sapidus

It appears you need to actually read the story, and then revise your headline.

That said, why is this a big deal? It's not like psycho trolls on the internet aren't a dime a dozen. Why is it of note that this one happens to be paid by the Russian government? Or are you just pissed because you do this crap for free when you could have been getting a few rubles for your trouble?

Can you ever stop with the insults and just discuss the topic at hand or does it so threaten your narrative that you are forced to lash out.
"person" was quoted in dozens of articles and magazines increasing "her" influence. Which is exactly what they were trying to accomplish.

Sapidus

Which begs the question:

With x-million people blathering on social media, how did this particular blatherer become famous? (I'd never heard of her, either, but according to the story she's been featured and re-tweeted in other media.) So why her? Why not me, or Gilligan, or Gurps, or Sapidus, or Transwhatever? Why not Sam Spade?

Because "she" was trained to say highly controversial things that would get "her" the attention and strong reaction these media sources crave to keep their readers in firstling at the mouth. She also had a following of bots which increased her presence and made it seem as though she had more followers and influence than she actually did.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"person" was quoted in dozens of articles and magazines increasing "her" influence.

:killingme

a thin narrative ...... a person no one here has heard of has 'influence' on the election
like all those views the 'fake news' on Facebook Garnered

and yeah how about all those progressive sites publishing Jennifer's Stories :jet:

Grumpy

Because "she" was trained to say highly controversial things that would get "her" the attention and strong reaction these media sources crave to keep their readers in firstling at the mouth. She also had a following of bots which increased her presence and made it seem as though she had more followers and influence than she actually did.

What the hell is that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Very good :patpat: Now go back and read the list of media sources that propagated "her" tweets and posts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can you ever stop with the insults and just discuss the topic at hand or does it so threaten your narrative that you are forced to lash out.

There was no insult, nor was I lashing out. If you think I was, you need to go play with your dolls and not interrupt while the grownups are talking.

PS, ^that^ is what an insult looks like.

Sapidus

Sapidus

There was no insult, nor was I lashing out. If you think I was, you need to go play with your dolls and not interrupt while the grownups are talking.

PS, ^that^ is what an insult looks like.

You really are trash. Shown proof that Russia was trying to influence the election you would rather insult the messenger then discuss the actual issue. Keep your head in the sand. No wonder you think Trump is doing a good job if you just ignore all evidence.