Beware of School Bus #622 in St. Mary's County

TPD

the poor dad
If your kid rides this bus, please inform your child not to use this driver as an example of how to drive.

*Last Friday morning, after leaving Spring Ridge Middle School, I witnessed this bus being a real Richard, first exceeding the speed limit going north on Rt 235.

*This bus then got into the middle lane after going through the gate 2 intersection, trying to pass slower moving traffic in the right lane, exceeding the speed limit while doing so. After not being successful in passing upon reaching the red light at gate 1, it fell back behind slower moving traffic into the right travel lane again.

*When the light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the Gate 1 intersection, then passes slow moving traffic by taking to the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE only to reach the red light at Expediton Drive like everyone else, merging back into the right travel lane, ahead of slower moving traffic it just passed.

*Once this light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the intersection about 500-1000 feet and activates it's red lights to pick up a child, stopping all traffic it just passed using the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE illegally!

Bus #622 saved a total of about 14 seconds with this Richard move...

I wish I had a camera similar to those that school busses use to capture traffic violations. I expect these type of moves from commuters, but NOT from bus drivers transporting our kids to school.

BUS #622 - RICHARD!!

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yikes! That is what is so great about this forum because it gets the word out. Even though, it does not affect me, glad to see you post such negligence. Our children are so precious to us. Good of you to post. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If your kid rides this bus, please inform your child not to use this driver as an example of how to drive.

*Last Friday morning, after leaving Spring Ridge Middle School, I witnessed this bus being a real Richard, first exceeding the speed limit going north on Rt 235.

*This bus then got into the middle lane after going through the gate 2 intersection, trying to pass slower moving traffic in the right lane, exceeding the speed limit while doing so. After not being successful in passing upon reaching the red light at gate 1, it fell back behind slower moving traffic into the right travel lane again.

*When the light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the Gate 1 intersection, then passes slow moving traffic by taking to the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE only to reach the red light at Expediton Drive like everyone else, merging back into the right travel lane, ahead of slower moving traffic it just passed.

*Once this light turns green, Bus #622 proceeds through the intersection about 500-1000 feet and activates it's red lights to pick up a child, stopping all traffic it just passed using the RIGHT TURN ONLY LANE illegally!

Bus #622 saved a total of about 14 seconds with this Richard move...

I wish I had a camera similar to those that school busses use to capture traffic violations. I expect these type of moves from commuters, but NOT from bus drivers transporting our kids to school.

BUS #622 - RICHARD!!

Not to take things lightly, what happened when you called to report this?

PeoplesElbow

I have had school buses pull out right in front of me making a right on red. I have also had them almost merge into me.

The bus driving around here is pretty scary, what can you expect for part time contracted out drivers though?

TPD

the poor dad
Not to take things lightly, what happened when you called to report this?

I did not report it - did not catch the bus owner’s name on the side of the bus. What would that actually accomplish anyway? Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?

PsyOps

Pixelated
I did not report it - did not catch the bus owner’s name on the side of the bus. What would that actually accomplish anyway? Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?

Are you kidding? You see a bus full of kids breaking the law and you don't report it? The biggest shame you could put on this person is to have them lose their job because they put our children's lives at risk. You could have called the police, the St. Mary's County Public Schools, DOT...

awpitt

Main Streeter

Then why bother fussing about it on here? You don't need the bus driver's name. You have the bus number. That's all you need in order to report it to the BoE's transportation Dept. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of complaining. If it's that important, REPORT IT.

TPD

the poor dad
Are you kidding? You see a bus full of kids breaking the law and you don't report it? The biggest shame you could put on this person is to have them lose their job because they put our children's lives at risk. You could have called the police, the St. Mary's County Public Schools, DOT...

The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting it’s next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.

spclopr8tr

The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting it’s next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.

Seems to me NOT reporting this is as big of a "Richard move" as the bus driver's. Venting on community forums has zero effect on how this bus driver will drive in the future. Reporting the driver might just save someone's life.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I have had school buses pull out right in front of me making a right on red. I have also had them almost merge into me.

The bus driving around here is pretty scary, what can you expect for part time contracted out drivers though?

Regardless of employment status, they are all trained and licensed. I think a Richard Cranium driver is a Richard Cranium driver, i.e. that's probably how they drive in a private vehicle.
Out problem is we expect "professionalism" from certain public sector employees. Personalities don't flip switches, if their a DH , always a DH. If you can get away with a power move,
You have people who will take advantage. Trust me, they would as soon falsely accuse JQpublic as take illegal short cuts
Live outside a large city, city cops were know to live in the immediate suburbs. If you did something to piss off that cop, while he was off duty, you could find yourself in city traffic court with all sorts of charges, from parking to some moving violations.
They just write the ticket, fill in your vehicle information and let the courts work the rest.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?

No. Public shaming won't get the driver reprimanded or fired, and in fact accomplishes precisely nothing. You need to report it. Think how bad you'd feel if this crazy driver caused an accident with a bus load of kids and they were hurt of killed, and you didn't report him/her when you saw them engaging in reckless behavior.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Oh, so just making up for lost time.

Speed limit on Wildewood Parkway is 30 MPH. WARNING - if you are exiting Wildewood on the Parkway after Evergreen ES drop off you will need to pick up your game or you risk finding a yellow and black vehicle firmly parked in your arse.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Oh, well. That makes all the difference in the world. I guess a careless school bus driver can't harm anyone if there are no kids present.

Baker12

Sounds like this occurred in the Lexington Park area, which according to a recent study, was named the most wonderful place to live on planet Earth

awpitt

Main Streeter
Seems to me NOT reporting this is as big of a "Richard move" as the bus driver's. Venting on community forums has zero effect on how this bus driver will drive in the future. Reporting the driver might just save someone's life.

Very true.

awpitt

Main Streeter
no. Public shaming won't get the driver reprimanded or fired, and in fact accomplishes precisely nothing. You need to report it. Think how bad you'd feel if this crazy driver caused an accident with a bus load of kids and they were hurt of killed, and you didn't report him/her when you saw them engaging in reckless behavior.

exactly!