The ongoing Comey saga

PsyOps

Pixelated
Early Comey draft accused Clinton of gross negligence on emails

An early draft of former FBI Director James Comey’s statement closing out the Hillary Clinton email case accused the former secretary of State of having been “grossly negligent” in handling classified information, newly reported memos to Congress show.

The tough language was changed to the much softer accusation that Clinton had been “extremely careless” in her handling of classified information when Comey announced in July 2016 there would be no charges against her.

Could it be any clearer that Comey is a prime member of the Deep State, doing all he can to prevent indictment of Clinton, but also guarantee her win in the election?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Comey is a disgrace and it pisses me off that we just came off a president who had so little regard for the law and so much venom toward his opponents that he put this person in charge of our FBI. Clearly Comey was a plant and it's amazing that half of us in this country defend that.

SamSpade

What I DON'T get - is why he wandered off the trail and did that Anthony Wiener thing late in the campaign, to the point where Hillary was claiming he derailed her election and the Democrats were suddenly reversing their feelings about his integrity from the previous summer.

If he was in the tank for Hillary - there'd be no need to do that BEFORE the election. If he were in the tank for Trump, there would be no need to exonerate Hillary before she could be charged.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What I DON'T get - is why he wandered off the trail and did that Anthony Wiener thing late in the campaign, to the point where Hillary was claiming he derailed her election and the Democrats were suddenly reversing their feelings about his integrity from the previous summer.

If he was in the tank for Hillary - there'd be no need to do that BEFORE the election. If he were in the tank for Trump, there would be no need to exonerate Hillary before she could be charged.

I still see that the email server was fully known by nearly everyone in the Obama admin, to include Comey; that she was handling classified on these servers and they all knew it. Indicting her would mean her taking everyone down with her. Not to mention the server was used as a means to cover up her dealings with foreign leaders to pad the Clinton Foundation. U1 is the smoking gun. So, the begging question is now... why isn't Sessions calling for an investigation into that? Perhaps Sessions is implicated in the whole thing too. I fear the Clinton criminal reach is extremely deep into our government.

This_person

My guess is he was seeking a pre-emptive pardon. Not sure if it is possible to have a pardon be classified, and therefore not releasable to the public, but he may have gotten some kind of "keep my ass out of jail" letter from Obama. To do so, he needed to show he was willing to go through with a few things, like give a laundry list of what a piece of sh!t Clinton was with e-mail (all while saying, "but, not so bad as to recommend prosecution, for now") and actually follow through with prosecution on someone. Someone no one liked anyway, and has to stay married so he can't be forced to testify against anyone.