Why the Left Has Been So Wrong About the Trump Boom

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why the Left Has Been So Wrong About the Trump Boom

Time magazine’s cover story for the week of Nov. 6 is a classic. It blares: “The Wrecking Crew: How Trump’s Cabinet Is Dismantling Government As We Know It.”

The New York Times ran a lead editorial complaining that Team Trump is shrinking the regulatory state at an “unprecedented” pace.

Meanwhile, last week the stock market raced to new all-time highs; we had another blockbuster jobs report with another fall in the unemployment rate; and housing sales soared to their highest level in a decade.

Are the editors at Time and the Times so ideologically blinded that they are incapable of connecting the dots?

[clip]

The sharp-penned Paul Krugman of The New York Times declared Trump’s growth forecast an act of “economic arrogance.” He said the productivity improvement necessary for faster growth was as likely as “driverless flying cars” arriving “en masse.”

Admittedly, we shouldn’t read too much into six months of very good economic data (with 3 percent growth) or the booming stock market. These trends can always reverse course quickly. Trump’s more restrictive policies on trade and immigration could harm growth potential.

:oldman:

SamSpade

Most times - heck, most *years* - I don't check my retirement funds, largely because they make it so complicated to log in.
For example, it used to be you entered your ID, a password and there.
Then they changed the login process; changed the conditions of legitimate passwords.
Forgot your new ID? We'll mail it to you. Not email. MAIL. Wait a month.
Oh. Now you forgot the password? Mail that too. It's temporary of course.
Now it has to be 16 characters long - and none of the letters can appear to form a word.

CRAP. No wonder I just wait for the reports.

So I got one. Damn. I had a *GREAT* year. I used to look at the dismal rate of growth and think, crap,
at this rate, I'm working until I'm 75. If I live that long.
I had such a great year, if it went BACK to the previous 10-12 years, I would STILL be great.

Actually the only part of my PERSONAL economy that went bad this past year is insurance companies raised everything.
My paycheck will actually go DOWN in the new year.