Trump Pentagon nominee says it’s ‘insane’ civilians can buy AR-15s, semi-auto rifles

Hijinx

No way this will hurt his confirmation In fact after saying it was insane that people could buy an AR-15 the Democrats are ready to vote Yay right now.

MissBeanGenes

I prefer to avoid political discussions but I have to agree. There is no reason whatsoever that the average citizen needs an AR-15. That is a military weapon and should be government issued by the US Services.

glhs837

Power with Control
I prefer to avoid political discussions but I have to agree. There is no reason whatsoever that the average citizen needs an AR-15. That is a military weapon and should be government issued by the US Services.

Really? You, like the gentleman in question, should do some research. Here' lets have a test, shall we? I'm going to post two pictures, you tell me which one is the military weapon....

One gun.jpg

Two Gun.jpg

MR47930

Ignorance is bliss..please do some research before you spew nonsense.

PeoplesElbow

If you want to talk about "need" nobody needs a McMansion, nobody needs a nice car, nobody needs the right to vote, nobody needs freedom of speech, nobody needs an abortion, nobody needs steak...

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn, really? All the reviews (and commentary on them from owners) said they were among the most reliable with virtually any grade of ammo. Heck, they have been in production maybe longer than I've been alive......

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Do you like this one better? It's essentially the same gun, same ammo, same rate of fire, just not on the scary black color.
image.jpeg

littlelady

God bless the USA
Do you like this one better? It's essentially the same gun, same ammo, same rate of fire, just not on the scary black color.
View attachment 120451

Hub said tonight, also, that the AR-15 is not standard military issue. He shared this with me from his Marine forum. That particular gun is called the saw, and, apparently, there is a libprog meme out about a chain saw being attached like a bayonet. Anyway, I think you will find this funny.

http://www.military.com/video/guns/rifles/the-ar-15-chainsaw-bayonet/660621983001

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

So what's your feeling on a civilian owning a fully operational machinegun..
I suggest you get a much better education on firearms...
My son a I shoot at the Nationals each year at Camp Perry and Cakp Atterberry, to do that we need either two M16's or two AR15's. Two M14 or M1A rifles and two Garands or Springfields. A few of those rifls above are machinegun, I would much rather take a two thousand dollar rifle and shoot with hundreds of other folks that one that costs over twenty thousand.
We target shoot with almost of the above rifles and hunt with a few of them.
I have a Browning BAR in 300 Winchester that's alot more deadly at distance than any of the scarey rifles posted above..

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If you want to talk about "need" nobody needs a McMansion, nobody needs a nice car, nobody needs the right to vote, nobody needs freedom of speech, nobody needs an abortion, nobody needs steak...

Exactly! Libtards don't realize what a slippery slope that they tread.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have a Browning BAR in 300 Winchester that's alot more deadly at distance than any of the scarey rifles posted above..

Rest assured that will be next. Anything above 22 long rifle become a sniper rifle

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Since the AR-15 and clones are specifically for civilian markets and are not issued or used by any military services anywhere and never have been...now what?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I find it insane that I can't stop on my way home from work and pick up an extra "STANDARD" capacity magazine or a suppressor for my Sig.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Actually, I agree with you - there is no reason why the average citizen would need an assault rifle. BUT that's not how we do things in the US. Nobody needs Doritos, yet there are 8,000 different flavors. Then there's also the problem of only agents of the government having these weapons, which is in direct conflict with the purpose of 2nd Amendment. Tack on the fact that banning guns won't keep them out of the hands of criminals, and now you've simply disarmed law-abiding citizens.

I absolutely agree that something needs to be done about murderers and other violent criminals, but banning guns isn't the solution.