It’s Time For Gun Controllers To Put Up Or Shut Up

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Take Washington Post writer Jennifer Rubin, who recently used her column to criticize “Republican Second Amendment absolutists.” Claiming the GOP should “address…guns,” Rubin condemns politicians who refuse to talk about “concrete, reasonable measures to reduce gun violence.” She accuses such politicians of “craven hypocrisy,” and implores lawmakers to “discover a sense of moral obligation” and show “concern and legislative determination” on the topic of gun control.

Notably missing from this column is—wait for it—any specific proposal for “concrete, reasonable measures to reduce gun violence.” It’s not there. There’s not even a vague proposal, not even a half-hearted gesture toward anything resembling a proposal. Generally, if one is seeking a legislative change, one tends to have an idea of what that change would actually be.

This is a perennial feature of gun-control partisans: a great deal of blustery talk about “moral obligation” with virtually no meaningful ideas as to what we are supposed to, you know, do about gun violence.

It’s Time For Gun Controllers To Put Up Or Shut Up
Generally, if one is seeking a legislative change, one tends to have an idea of what that change would actually be. Not U.S. gun controllers.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Notably missing from this column is—wait for it—any specific proposal for “concrete, reasonable measures to reduce gun violence.” It’s not there. There’s not even a vague proposal, not even a half-hearted gesture toward anything resembling a proposal. Generally, if one is seeking a legislative change, one tends to have an idea of what that change would actually be.

This is a perennial feature of gun-control partisans:.

To this very day, I've never seen one of those arse clowns actually define what "common sense gun control" means...yet they use the meaningless phrase incessantly.

black dog

Free America
To this very day, I've never seen one of those arse clowns actually define what "common sense gun control" means...yet they use the meaningless phrase incessantly.

That's easy to explain... My brain and my left index finger have great common sence gun control..

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
OK, You asked for it. Here it is.

That's how we stopped everybody from taking drugs.jpg

limblips

PREMO Member
Gun owner, supporter of the 2nd. If they would present a viable plan that would reduce gun homicides without taking away my right to protect me and mine I would support it. The problem is they don't have one and it probably is not really possible short of complete confiscation which will never happen. I find it funny that getting rid of obama care was met with "after 8 years they don't have a plan" rhetoric yet after decades the anti 2nds have no plan other than to say guns are bad and they need to go away.